6

US, THE 4400's are in danger.

How do I know this?

Watching the news, people started to panic over our existence and that worried me.

Taylor watched me worriedly as I glared at the woman on the TV. Since the beginning, she had expressed a dislike toward us, and the feeling slowly became mutual.

"Despite protests, Homeland Security refuses to divulge the names or whereabouts of the 4400 living here in the US" Barbara Yates spoke in the TV. "Confirmed reports of unusual abilities have the public panicked. And yet this man sitting beside me says we have nothing to worry about" She pointed at a man next to her "I'm sure most of you recognize him even though he's been away for the past 28 months. I'm talking about Mr Jordan Collier, who recently breached the government's wall of silence and chose to out himself as one of the notorious 4400. Jordan... Why? Why now? Why here? What's your agenda?"

I grabbed the control remote and raised the volume, frowning curiously as to why someone would just out himself in public as a 4400.

"I have no agenda" Jordan told her calmly "But someone had to put a human face on the 4400. We've been demonised enough by people like you"

"Well, if you're implying this is a witch-hunt, I disagree" Barbara counteracted.

I narrowed my eyes "Bitch"

"You're not the one burnt at the stake" Jordan told her calmly.

I looked away from the TV with a sigh, silently agreeing with Jordan as I walked away from the living room under the curious eyes of Mac and Taylor.

"Jackie?" Taylor called as I opened the door, different emotions washing over me making me stumble a little but I took a deep breath pushing everything to the back of my mind.

The information I found the day prior about what I can do helping me a bit into controlling better what I could do.

Empathy

Ability to sense, feel and understand the emotions, feelings, hopes, dreams, desires, and fears of others and eventually manipulate them.

It was interesting what you could find in the web. I found more of what I could possibly do and I slowly started practicing it.

Pathokinesis or Advanced Empathy

Ability to sense and change emotions around the holder.

With a thought, one could make a brave man panic, or cause people to be happy, angry, sad or in love with anyone they desire.

One could even change one's own emotions or read the emotions of others. This can be used to determine the presence of hidden subjects as well, because one with this ability can sense the presence of emotions. This ability could even result in empathy (sensing emotions) or apathy (having no emotion).

Accepting that was the first step. Knowing I wasn't the only 4400 with weird abilities put me at ease.

I walked out of the house, shoving my hands on my pockets while walking between people, sensing tons of different emotions. A prickle on the back of my mind was letting me know which ones weren't mine.

As I walked, something in my pocket vibrated and I tilted my head aside, pulling out the phone Taylor gave me and I flipped it open, groaning slowly in frustration seeing that it was a reminder of the therapy session agreed with Homeland Security in exchange to go home.