Chapter 9- Show and tell

So this is the last chapter before the epilogue. I'm sad that its ending already but everything's gotta end eventually. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing this so I'll leave you to read. 

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Austin’s P.O.V

Even though I found out late I still got up early the next day and bought Maya a present. It was a necklace with an M pendent, for Maya and a charm bracelet with only two charms. I really hope she liked it.

Everywhere was decked out in red and white, Valentine’s Day colours. I couldn’t believe Maya’s birthday was on Valentine’s Day. I was going to get her roses and chocolate but I figured we weren’t at that stage yet if we were even at any stage. After I bought that Tony and I hung out a little so that Maya and Arianna had some time together.

Maya’s P.O.V

The next day, my birthday, I woke up actually happy. I didn’t care that all that would be playing on the TV would be about love and crap and I wasn’t going to let what happened to me ruin my day. I would enjoy my day with my mother and with my family.

Before I could even blink the sleep from my eyes I was being dragged out of bed by my mother who was dressed and ready, I groaned.  I was happy to be spending time with her but I was still tired. I could see why she wanted to start so early though, she was going to dinner with Tony later and she wanted to make the most of the time we had together.

“Ready for mother-daughter/bonding birthday celebration?” she chirped.

 “I know you’re excited about spending time together but I’ve yet to hear happy birthday” I said. Her face fell.

“I’m sorry May, HAPPY BITHDAY!!!!!!” she screamed as loud as she could.

“Thanks mom” I said giving her a hug.

“You’re in a good mood” she said. I nodded.

“Yep. New dawn, new day, new life and I’m feeling good” she knew what this meant and she embraced me into a bone crushing hug.

“I’m so proud of you Maya” she said then she slapped my butt and told me to get ready.

We spent the whole day, well up until 5, watching TV and eating cake and ice cream. We watched all my favourite movies; Pretty Woman, Some Kind of Wonderful, Juno and Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael. It was just nice hanging out with my mother and I really enjoyed and missed these times.

Before I knew it 5 o’clock rolled around and Tony and Austin came strolling in.

“Hello birthday girl” Tony said then he gave my mother a kiss.

“Hey” both my mother and I said in unison. I looked over at her to see that she was blushing, how cute.

Tony took her hand and placed a box in her hands. He then turned around to me and placed two tickets in my hands. I looked at them and saw that they were for Maroon 5, one of my all time favourite bands. I couldn’t contain my joy. I hugged both he and my mother tight before doing a little happy dance.