Chapter 7

I thought I would try a section from Curtis' POV. Let me know if you like it.

My heart took off at an abnormal pace. I could swear that everyone could hear it. I hadn’t told Curtis about Carlo and there we all were standing in the kitchen. “Hey Kaela, good to see you again. Looks like the years have been good to you.” Carlo stated with a smirk as his emerald eyes ogled me. Oh God, I am in real trouble. I just lost my mom I cant handle loosing Curtis too. At least that was the way I felt until. “I’m Curtis.” He stated pulling me closer. I couldn’t help the grateful smile that came. Carlo’s eyes finally landed on Curtis and they went wide. “Oh snap your 50 Cent.” Lenny and Asia burst with laughter. Carlo looked over at me with an expression that said ‘what the hell’. “Curtis this is Carlo, an old friend. Carlo this Curtis…” I trialed off at the end. We never had the talk about us. I looked over at him with my brow furrowed. The arm still around my waist squeezed tightly as he leaned in and kissed me briefly. As if to say I am his. That would have set me my body on fire if I hadn’t been depressed about my mom. Without looking away from his eyes I addressed the room. “I’m pretty tired I think I will lay down. Curtis would you like to come?” He nodded his head in agreement and followed after me. 

Once inside my room he started to explore as I rest my back against the door. My mom hadn’t done much to it since I went off to college. My entire room was decked out in Cowboys gear. I even had a hand painted picture of D. Wear over my bed. Everything about my room screamed “boy”. Except  for my photo wall Curtis stepped over to look at There are pictures of Asia and me at all different stages of life. I noticed that he’s lingering on a younger picture of me and a group of guys “I played football in eighth grade.” I smiled when he looked at me in shock. “Hey! Girls can play too.” He looked thoughtful for a moment. “So, tell me about Carlo and you.” I sighed. “We dated in high school. I was in love but he wasn’t. When I wouldn’t give him the one thing he wanted he broke up with me.” Curtis just shook his head in disbelief and chuckled. Part of me wondered if he thought ‘why would anyone be with someone who wouldn’t have sex.’” I  just shook my head. I had to stop thinking like that. Curtis is not like the guys in my past. He was definitely different.

That was two weeks ago. Today I’m on a plane heading back to California. Its not what you think. Boyfriend had to head back to New York three days after the funeral. Yeah you read that right I have a Boyfriend now. He really is busy but he made me promise not to keep things from him EVER. I couldn’t help the smile that came to my face as I fingered the necklace I bought yesterday that read ‘Curtis’. We had finally had ‘the talk’. Well Curtis talked and I listened. He decided that we have been together since the night at the restaurant. I instantly agreed.

“What are you thinking about or maybe I should say who?” Asia decided to come home with me and get a change of scenery. “Nothing.” The look Asia gave me let me know I still couldn’t lie to her. “Okay okay, Curtis.” She gave me a small smile and nodded her head in understanding. “You love him.” My eyes were like saucers. “I already know you do. I can tell by the way you look at him.” I took a shuddering breath. “Pooh Bear, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I just don’t feel like enough time has passed.” “Who says that love has a time limit?” I didn’t have an answer for to that question. We fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the flight.

Finally the plane touched down. We were waiting at baggage claim when lighting erupted in the terminal. Asia threw a jacket over my head quickly. She has always been the over protective sister. “There are paparazzi everywhere don’t take this off your head. I‘ll grab the luggage.” She stated fiercely. Once she had our bags she put her arm around me and steered me out of the terminal.  We caught a taxi to my house. I made sure that we were taken in through the back.