Chapter 19

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Normally I dont ask but please comment on this chapter. DEDICATED TO SELENATRINH!!!!

“Pooh Bear, is that you?” Asia called out to me from somewhere in the house. “Yeah it is. Where are you?” “Pool.” I walked through the house toward the backyard leaving my purse and phone on the dinning room table on the way. Asia sat on the stairs at the shallow end while Tyler did laps. “Hey, how’d it go?” I sighed deeply in reply. “Wow, that good, huh?” I nodded at Lenny who had paused in his laps. “Well my dream became a living nightmare. Richard jumped up to come at me but Dean was there to stop him. Here’s the best part. I have to go back tomorrow. Please note my sarcasm.” “Sounds like you had a rough day.” I just nodded at Asia’s statement. “Yeah I did. I’m going up for a shower. See you guys later.” I turned on my heels and headed for my room. Once in my room I headed straight for the bathroom. I opened the door and was hit with the memory of the last time Richard was here.

I’m screaming so loud my ears hurt. My eyes open when I realize it’s me. I can see I’m in the bathtub. I tried to get up but he pushed me under the water. His psychotic face is smiling down at me. Someone calls for me and then there’s the crash. Then just darkness. 

I take a deep breath. This is normally the part where I would cry but I’m not. “I’m going to be just fine.” I smile softly to myself. I know that no matter what I will be okay. After my shower I put on a pair of light blue short shorts and a white v-neck shirt with matching socks. I just want to be comfortable sitting around the house. I let my hair stay down and air dry.

As soon as I step outside the door a smell, I haven’t smelled in so long, hits me. There is only one person who can make that smell. I ran down the stairs heading for the kitchen. As soon as I step into the kitchen there is Aunt CoCo. “Oh my gosh!” I start jumping up and down clapping my hands in excitement. Can you tell that Aunt CoCo is my favorite Aunt? We don’t talk much because she is normally on some fabulous vacation. I run over to her and hug her as tight as I can. I can feel her arms around me as her body shakes from laughter. I breath in her white diamond scent. She has not changed in all of her fifty-seven years.  “I missed you so much Aunt Coco! Where have you been? We left you messages but you never called back.” “Well missy if you loosen up maybe I can talk.” I pulled back with an oops expression. “Sorry.” “Its fine. I love those welcomes from my girls. 

I gave her the most brilliantly loving smile I could muster. “Well I was in the Caribbean with Paulo. Oh that man oh that man.” “Auntie!” “Oh sorry. Any who, I didn’t get your messages until I got state side. I rushed right over here with some help of course.” My brow furrowed. Seeing the confusion on my face Aunt CoCo turned me around. My eyes landed on him and focused in on nothing else in the room. With no hesitation I ran to him. When I reached him he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. “I missed you babe.” He whispered right into my ear. I smiled against his neck and whispered back. “I missed you to James.” We pulled back slowly from each other. I looked over and saw Marshall sitting at the table. “Oh hey.” He chuckled and said. “Hey Myk.” 

Still holding on to Curtis I turned to Aunt CoCo. “So Auntie I smell something delicious. What are you cooking?” I asked with a huge smile. “Could it be Chicken Tetrazzini with Garlic Toast?” Aunt CoCo turned around and pulled the food from the oven. “It sure is. I see you still have a nose for my food.” I just nodded in reply. “Okay. Everyone serve yourself. There aint no maids ‘round here.”

We were sitting at the table eating and talking. Aunt Coco and Tyler sat at the heads of the table. Asia and I both took the seats closes to Aunt CoCo. Curtis sat next to me and Marshall took the seat next to Asia. “So..” Aunt CoCo trailed off. We all looked at her expectantly. “How did you and Curtis meet?” I frowned. “Oh, Mykaela please. Not everyone sits around watching gossip on television.” I just nodded in agreement. My Auntie has never really been a television person. Only if she’s watching Criminal Minds. She has a thing for Shemar Moore. If she was just years younger. Well you put your on spin on the end of that statement.