Chapter 11

Charlie sighed and looked at the clock. It was almost lunch time. She knew her brother would be waiting outside the door for her because of what happened Friday, but she didn't want to go to the cafeteria... Let alone eat anything. The teacher looked up and noticed all the impatient students. No one was doing work, we were all done with it, and people like me had already finished tomorrows homework. He shook his head and cleaned up his desk, then looked at the clock again.

"Alright, you guy's can go early. But if you make too much noise, this won't ever happen again." He said pointedly at a few people in the front row. Everyone whooped and stood up from their chairs.

Charlie waited till the rush to go out early was gone, and then grabbed her stuff to leave. By the time she got to the door, she stopped in surprise as Cameron was waiting across eh hall, leaned up against the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest. He smiled and pushed away when he saw her and came up next to her.

"Ready?" He said with a happy note in his voice.

Hesitantly Charlie looked down the hall towards the lunchroom. She didn't want to eat in there... she was trying to get away from people, and she didn't want to have to sit with her brother and his friends, no matter how much she caed for him, he was being... Protective and overbearing.

Turning on her heels, Charlie made her way to the library, leaving a confused Cameron in her tracks to follow her. He asked where she was going but she didn't answer, not like he should expect her to.

Cameron looked down at the blue haired girl who was taking her time to get to her destination unknown to him. He pursed his lips in though, wondering why she was avoiding the lunchroom. He didn't have to think to hard to guess why, but he still entertained the thought until he realized where they were going. He looked around and noticed the hallways were still fairly empty of people, but mainly, he noticed that he didn't see her brother anywhere, like he did earlier in the classes he shared with her.

Did she really need to avoid him?

When the doors to the library were pulled open, he snapped his thoughts back to her and notched she headed straight in, not waiting. He went after her, knowing that if he didn't keep up, she would most likely escape him too.

He followed her down the isles and isles of book, swerving and turning everyone and then till she came to a door with a window on it. He frowned at the new discovery. When they entered the room, he stood in the doorway and looked around. It was a little dark, but comfy looking. A couple black couches and lamps, and a tv against the wall. he was guessing it was the Librarian's lounge and wondered why she was in here. How she was even allowed in here. But then realized she was so familiar with it that it must not be an important question to ask, but he did have another one when she pulled out a sketchpad form her backpack.

"What do you draw?"Cameron asked and Charlie paused and looked up at him. "I-i'm mean, do you just sketch? or do you always have something in mind when you draw?" Charlie only tilted her head very slightly in response before tucking her heard behind her ear and getting back to her sketchpad.

"Do you draw a lot?" He asked and Charlie frowned slightly. She didn't know the answer to that. But what was really considered a lot? She wondered to herself.

After he decided to just stop asking questions for a bit to eat lunch, he got curious to were her's was. He slowly ate his sandwich as the thought kept nagging at him. He looked down towards her stuff and didn't see any evidence of food in her bag and frowned.