chapter 1.

"Charlie, it's the last week of summer, you've gotta come out of your room sometime." Charolette's brother Carson called through her door. 

Charlie made no noise but took the covers from her head and glanced at the white door on the other side of her room. She hadn't been out of her room all summer, why would she come out now? Charlie thought to herself. She waited for her brother to say something else, though nothing else was said. She hadn't heard any retreating footsteps so she knew he was still on the other side. 

Charlie made no effort to get out of bed, just turned her head and glanced back up at her black ceiling. Nine moths since they both started showing signs and five moths since they both had what they thought was alcohol poisoning, and It has been three months since her twin died. Three months since her other half died while she survived. Three months since Charlie's left her room.

After hearing her brother shift outside her room, she decided to sit up. She faced her teal blue walls, then slowly turned and faced her white door. She could practically see Carson sitting with his back slumped against the door, just hoping that his sister would finally come out.

She finally got out of bed for the day, though she didn't go to her bedroom door to let her brother in, she went and stood in front of the mirror. Dark circles were under her eyes, as they have been for the past three months, and her eyes seemed more black than grey these days. 

As she looked in the mirror at her strawberry blonde hair, she realized that she wanted a change. She was tired of seeing her dead twin every time she looked in the mirror, tired of wanting to go back to bed and curl up every time she caught her reflection. She got under her sink and reached in the very back for something she had stored from a while ago, something she and her sister were going to use to prank one of their brothers. 

She finally found it and pulled it out, looked in the mirror one last time, then proceeded with the change. There was no going back now, and she didn't want to.

Carson sighed from the other side of his sister's door and rested his head against it. He wished he could do something for her, anything at all. This wasn't the sister he grew up with, this was a completely different girl. His sister used to be so full of life, used to smile all the time, used to play pranks on him and his brothers. Not this girl. This girl just locks herself in her room all day, every day. She barely eats and almost never speaks a word to anyone anymore. He just wanted his sister back.

With his hands in his pocket, he slid down the door till be was sitting with his feet out in front of him and just stared at the photos on the wall in front of him. 

Charity and Charolette were the ones with the most photos up there, they were the center of everyone's attention, they were everyone's favorites. Carson saw one where Charity and Charolette were being tossed around by the older twins, Darren and Dylan. They were all laughing and giggling, Carson could easily remember that day as if it were yesterday.

He looked around some more and spotted the picture of the twin girls from when they decided to play dress up. They were both five years old at the time and had gotten into their mother's make-up and wardrobe. They looked so cute, clumping around in big shoes and long dresses with their hair up in messy ponytails and makeup all over their face, that mom didn't have the heart to ground them. She did make sure to take pictures though and frame them.

Carson sighed as he sat there, wondering why his sisters had to go. Why one had to die and the other one basically disappear. He missed them terribly, as did his older brothers.

Carson heard his sister's shower kick on after a few more minutes and sighed. At least she was out of bed, he thought to himself. He started to get up and head down the hall to his room when he heard the doorbell ring. Knowing who it would be, Carson turned around and started towards the door, though before he could reach the stairs, one of his brothers got it.