Chapter 2.

Three days later, that's all it's been, and Charlie was for once, starting to feel cooped up in her room. It wasn't so much of an escape right now, it was more of a prison filled with memories and bad thoughts. She quickly got up and threw on decent clothes before heading to her door, though she was hesitant to open it. Her hand hovered over the handle for a bit before she finally took a breath and grabbed it.

     For the first time in who know's how long, Charlie stepped out of her room willingly. She peaked around and didn't see anybody and felt relief. Though that was soon gone as she spotted the photos on the wall. The ones of her sister. Charlie quickly and painfully shut her eyes before walking away as fast as she could, she wasn't ready to face them. It's also the reason why she cut and died her hair.

      She walked over to the stairs, hearing the voices of her five brothers, and peaked over the railing. They were all seated in their ginormous living room, chatting over football and pizza. Oh, how she missed those days. Especially when her and her sister would play pranks on them because they were too focused on the tv to notice.

        She quickly cleared her head so she wouldn't decide to go back to her room, then slowly made her way down the steps. No one noticed her yet, and she prayed she could get some alone time before they would. She walked quietly into the kitchen and grabbed a pop-tart out of the pantry. She didn't bother putting it in the toaster. As she was unwrapping it, she cringed at the loud noise it made.

"Hey, did you guy's hear something?" Charlie heard one of her brothers, Blare, ask. Though she didn't do anything, she just sat there quietly nibbling on her pop-tart.

        "I think you're hearing things, man." She heard Dylan snicker at his older brother. "Yeah, I think it comes with his old age." Darren, Dylan's twin, chimed in as well.

        "You know what? I'm only a year older than the both of you, so shut it." Charlie could practically hear Blare rolling his eyes at the twins.  "I'm positive I heard something," He said, then Charlie heard him get off the couch. Though she made no effort to move, just sat there continuing to nibble on her food.

        She sat there on the counter, looking towards the direction she knew her brother would be coming in at, though let her new hair cut fall to cover most of her face. She heard his footsteps get closer, and as soon as he reached the kitchen, she heard the footsteps stop. Charlie peaked over slightly and saw Blare just standing there, almost like he was in shock, not moving.

        She didn't say anything, just continued to eat. 

"Um... guy's? can you come tell me if I'm hallucinating, or if I'm actually seeing this?" Blare called to everyone, his voice kind of desperate, though there was some longing in it too.

        "What now? are you seeing things too?" Carson replied, sharing a chuckle with Austin and the twins. When he replied with 'you tell me,' Everyone shared a funny look. Carson was the first one out of his seat, soon followed by the others, and headed to the kitchen. "What exactly do you think you're seeing-" Carson started to ask Blare, then stopped as soon as his eyes landed on Charlie who was sitting on the countertop next to the sink. "Charlie..." He whispered.

        "What? Charlie?" The twins asked at the same time, their voices held confusion as well.

        They all just stood there for a minute, staring at their sister, not really believing their eyes. Was this short, blue haired, thin girl, really their sister that's locked herself up in her room for the last three months? They all asked themselves. Though they definitely knew the answer to that.

        Carson was the first one to move. He was across the big kitchen in three strides, hugging his sister. Carson and Charlie were the closest of the six, their relationship never came close to the one She and Charity had, but it was almost as close to the one Dylan and Darren had. Charlie put her head on the crook of her brothers neck, she had forgotten how good it felt to be close to someone.