Chapter 12

Thanksgiving was... Eventful. Charlie's parents were still here, so they celebrated like they normally did, no matter how off it felt. No matter how much they knew someone was missing from the table with them. Charlie went deep into her depression though. Sure she sat at the table with everyone, but she barely touched her mash potatoes or cranberry dressing. She didn't even touch the pumpkin pie her brothers bought at the store just for her, since the only people who ate it were her and Charity. But no one ate any this time.

     After dinner, Charlie left everyone at the table and went upstairs. She hadn't been back up since she left her's and her sister's room, but she wasn't heading there this time. No, she was heading to something she forgot about till that night.

     It was a special place, one only her and Carson knew about. Not even Charity was aware of it. Something that charlie needed at the moment.

     She entered the media room and went to the back wall where the cabinets were covering up a secrete door. A servants entrance one would call it. But it wasn't known about when her parents bought the house, just something her and Carson discovered.

     The smell of the cedar walls surrounded her and calmed some of the dull mood inside her, and the long narrow walk made her focus her mind on something else. When she entered the butlers pantry, or what she called the dungeon, she went over to the beanbag she had sitting in the corner and sat down amongst the shelf's and storage cabinets. Her eyes scanned the room, looking at all the folded papers on the shelf's and the jars of marbles. There was even a jar that Charlie knew contained chocolate's and candy canes.

     She fell asleep in there.

     Carson was the only one who thought to look for her there as he was the only one who knew about it other than her. But when he found her, he picked her up and carried her out, watching her peaceful face as she slept. It was late at night and he didn't want her to sleep on the couch again. In last second decision, Carson brought her to his room and set her up on his bed, making sure she was comfy and tucked in nicely. He had a big enough bed for the both of them, but at the same time, he didn't want her to wake up and feel suffocated.

     Carefully, he tiptoed out of the room and went to sleep on the couch.

~

     Charlie woke up surprisingly comfortable, and despite being majorly depressed the day before, didn't have a single nightmare. She sat up and looked around the room, realizing she wasn't on the couch and in fact on Carson bed. She swallowed a lump in her throat and the corners of her lips twitched ever so slightly. She knew he had been the one to find he rand bring her here. She looked down and realized he even changed her form the jeans she was wearing to his favorite sweat pants she sometimes liked to wear because they fit her and were comfortable.

     Then she frowned. She hand't slept in his bed since before....

     She got up, brushing the thought away and wondered where her brother was sleeping if not in the bed next to her. She looked around the room and didn't see him on the floor, then left and went downstairs, only to find him asleep in a very uncomfortable position on the couch. She sighed and rubbed her face. Walking over to him, she brushed his hair out of his face, and then walked into the kitchen, craving for a pop tart.

     She hopped up carefully on the counter and grabbed a package, then sat on the counter, crossed legged, and nibbled at the pastry. A minute later, after hearing some shifting coming form the living room, Carson popped his head into the kitchen and gave her a soft smile.