Chapter 22

They got home as fast as they could to be with Alexander. Kate didn't bother to change out of her dress cloths or anything, she went straight up to Alexander's room since they weren't in the living room.

"A.J.? Dad?"

Kate called when she peered into his bedroom, but they still weren't there. Panic started to kick in but she went further down the hallway towards the bathroom. She sighed in relief when she got to the cracked door and heart giggling. She knocked slightly, opening the door. Jim was on his knees and Alexander was in the tub filled with bubbles, both laughing.

"Hey my boys." Kate kissed her dad hello as she knelt down next to him. Then kissed Alexander's forehead, his fever was down. "Are you feeling better?"

He nodded egarly, "puppa put in extra bubbles, and we had grilled cheese!" He threw his hands I'm the air splashing Kate in the process.

"I can finish up dad, Rick is in the kitchen."

"Alright," Jim smiled and got up, kissing Kate's head.

"So buddy, how was your time with puppa, you seem a lot better."

"I am a lot better! We played superheroes and villains, I was batman. Then we watched Scooby-Doo, the one with Batman and Robin in it. And then we made dinner and had a bath."

Kate ran her hand through his hair after she dumped water over his head, rinsing out the soap. "I'm glad you had fun Alex," Kate stood up and grabbed a towel. "But now it's time to get your pjs on."

She helped him stand and wrapped a towel around him and lifted him up. Entering his room, Kate set A.j. On his feet. "Which pjs tonight?" Kate asked kneeling down in front of him, with superman and batman pajamas, but it was no competition.

"Batman, of course."

Kate smiled and helped him dry off and put his underwear on then his pjs. "Alright, squirt. Bed."

"But momma, I feel better." He said crawling into bed.

"I know you do sweetie, but you'll feel even better if you get a good nights rest."

Kate helped him get under the covers, "where's daddy?"

"Right here buddy." Rick spoke before Kate could answer. He came in and stood next to Kate who was sitting on the edge of the bed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Did momma tell you what were doing tomorrow?" Kate looked at Rick, "you didn't even tell momma what were doing tomorrow?" He whispered, "we're going to the beach house, but only of you heel better."

"I'll feel better daddy, I know I will!"

Rick smiled and kissed his forehead, "night, buddy. I love you." He kissed Kate's head and left the room.

"What time are we leaving tomorrow momma?"

"I'm not sure," she said kissing him night. "Sweet dreams baby." She shut his lamp on, making sure his nightlight was on. Alexander tuned on his side and Kate left his room, cracking his door. She was going to kill Rick.