Chapter 24

Everything settled into their SUV, the trio set off for the Hamptons. Kate sat shotgun while Rick drove and Alexander sat in his car seat behind Rick, so Kate could assist him If needed.

"Oh, Kate I forgot to tell you," Rick said laying his hand on her knee, "since it's Thursday, I invited the boys and Laine up tomorrow for the weekend, if that's alright? Jenny is coming to, along with Sarah Grace-"

"No, Rick, that's wonderful. It'll be absolutely amazing."

"Mother and Alexis and her boyfriend Erik are also coming until I think about Tuesday, along with your father of course." Kate smiled, their whole family was coming up for the weekend, what could be better? Kate sighed contently and looked back at Alexander, he was busy watching his movie with his headphones on. She laid back and closed her eyes, enjoying the time with her family.

~

Kate awoke when she felt ricks lips in her cheek. When she opened her eyes, he was already out of the car, taking the luggage in. She peaked back at Alexander and he was passed out. Getting out of the car, Kate opened Alexander's door and got him out of the car seat and carried him to the house. She laid him on the couch, and went to help Rick with the luggage, but stopped When she felt another wave of nausea. "Rick, I think I'm going to lay down for a bit." She said when he came back into the living room.

He placed his hand on her back, "are you ok?"

She shook her head. "I feel sick, I think it's just from the car, help me upstairs?"

He nodded and guided her to their room and laid her down on the bed, "'need anything?"

"Bring Alex up here? I want to cuddle with my boy." Rick smiled and kissed her forehead, she wasn't burning up, so that was good.

Soon he game back with a sleepy Alex in his arms, "momma, are we here?"

He asked as Rick laid him in the bed. "Yep we are bud, go back to sleep," Kate said letting him curl up into her side. A.J. Was defiantly a cuddler, especially with his momma.

Kate closed her eyes too and just after she felt Rick kiss her, she was out like a light, same with Alexander. Rick shut the door and went downstairs to prepare dinner for when they woke. He so couldn't wait to the boys and everybody to come up, they were going to have a blast.