Chapter 29

Rick and had tucked Alexander into their bed, saying they'd be in a a bit. The wanting Just to hold her son burned through Kate, but they needed to talk. Rick guided Kate to sit on the couch and she did. He sat next to her, leaving a space between them so they could look at each other, but close enough so Rick could hold Kate's hands in his.

"Rick," Kate gripped his hands tight, "I'm not going to pretend that everything is all right now just because Alex is home." She started looking into his eyes. "Babe, Alex is OUR son, and I know you know that, but what you said, earlier, you can't take that back." Rick shifted so one hand held hers and the other cupped her cheek.

"I know honey, and I regret it, so much. I love you and Alexander so so much words can't explain and that's why I said what I said."

A tear slipped from Kate's eyes and he wiped it away with the pad of his thumb.

"I didn't want you getting hurt Kate, since you might be pregnant and all. But apart of me agreed with you, but I spoke faster than I thought, and I'm so sorry sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Tears escaped his eyes too and Kate wiped them away also. Her arms them encircled around his neck pulling him close whole his arms moved to wrap around her waist.

They held each other like that for a moment. When Kate pulled back, but not taking her arms away, she leaned back in and kissed his lips softly.

Sparks grew and Rick deepened it, sliding his hands up under the hem of her shirt, feeling her soft skin.

"Mmhh, babe." Kate gave him a gentle push and they broke away, resting their foreheads together. "I'm going to forgive you Rick, but your not off the hook."

She kissed him and he mumbled, "I know." After a moment, Kate had realized that she was sitting in his lap, her legs around his waist.

"We should get to bed, we promised Alex." Kate said getting up and Rick followed.

Once In the bedroom, Rick stripped down to his boxers and threw is under shirt to Kate who had stripped to just her panties. Since they got together, Rick always gave Kate his undershirt to wear, it was just comforting for her, like a teddy bear or a blankey. Yeah he had always slept with her in his arms, but it was just another layer of comfort. Rick turned down the covers on Kate's side and covered her up when she slipped in. He lent down kissing her since Alex would be sleeping in between them. Then he got in on his side. Kate had already wrapped her arms around Alex, who cuddled into her and she was almost in the middle of the bed. Rick them wrapped his arms around the both of them being the putter barrier of Alex. Dropping a kiss to his sons head, he closed his eyes and listened to Kate's soft hums, putting all three of them to sleep.