Chapter 11

one month after baby Alexander is born. In Africa

"Ben I totally screwed up big time." Josh said sitting in his cot in the tent.

"What did you do this time?"

"My girlfriend Kate. I just left her for this opportunity, and she was begging me to stay, she had to tell me something and I totally ignored her. I'm such a fuck up."

"Are you still with her?"

"No, that's where I screwed up. I broke it off with her to be here for 14 months and it was a huge mistake. I loved her."

"Leave, go back to New York."

Ben said and josh looked up, "what?"

"Go back to her. She's more important than this." Josh didn't say another word. He shoved all his things In his suit case and ran out of the tent.

New York
2:00am.

Kate just laid back down after feeding Alexander when he started to cry again. Rick smirked and rubbed Kate's back. She buried her face into the pillow. "I fed him, burped him and changed him, Rick, what did I do wrong?" Kate half cried into the pillow. She was exhausted.

"You did everything Right, baby." Rick chuckled and kissed her head, "I've got it. Go back to sleep." Rick got out of bed and headed towards the stairs, he smiled, remembering doing this many nights with Alexis. When he got to Alexander's room and peered over the crib, his cry's stopped. "What's wrong buddy? Momma didn't do enough?"

Rick picked him up and started to rock back and fourth, the baby's sobs long gone. "Cut mommy some slack bud. She's trying so hard." Rick kissed the boys head and sat in the rocking chair. When the baby was finally asleep, Rick set him back in the crib and went back down stairs. Kate was still laying on her stomach, no blankets covering her body, her shirt midway up her back exposing her black panties.

She wasn't asleep, Rick could tell by her breathing. So, being playful and fun, Rick smacked her ass, hard. She grunted, "what was that for?" She asked irritated, turning her head looking at him as he sat back down.

"What, I just had to."

"It hurt." Kate was so out of it. Rick chuckled and leaned over her rubbing her butt, soothing it.

"I'm sorry." He placed butterfly kissed over her face before she could bury it away.

"You should be, mister. And stop rubbing my legs, your getting dangerously close to places you shouldn't." Rick hand wandered to In between her thighs. "It's bad enough I can have sex with you for another three weeks, and you trying to tease and turn me on isn't helping."

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry," he pulled her closer by her waist and cuddled her to him, kissing her hair. "Sleep, love. Baby will be up in three hours." Rick whispered as Kate snuggled into him.

next morning

Kate woke up at seven like she did every morning since Alexander was born. She kissed Ricks head then got out of bed and pulled on some yoga pants. She then headed upstairs into Alexander's room and smiled over the crib. He was smiling and gurgling starring up at Kate. "Morning, buddy." Kate said lifting him out of the crib, he tried to latch on to her, he must be really hungry. "Somebody must be starving." Kate said sitting in the rocker, stripping herself of her shirt. Kate found it the easiest way to feed him. She didn't have to fight with the shirt or anything. As she fed Alexander, she rocked slightly and didn't notice Rick standing in the doorway until he came in and dropped a kiss to her head. She looked up smiling.

"Alexis is coming by today, along with mother. They are dying to see A.J." Kate nodded, turning her attention back to her baby.

"Ok. I'll be down in a minuet, we need to give him a bath." Kate stated implying she wanted Rick to get everything ready. They had a bathing tub they would put in the sink to bath Alexander. Rick used one for Alexis, when she was a baby.

"Alright, I'll have everything set." Rick turned and left the room, giving Kate some bonding time with their son.

_____________________________________________________

A/N- well.. Josh.. So yeah, that's that. Comment? Review?