Chapter 14

A/N- chapter 14!!! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!! Oh and btw there's a big time jump in this chapter, like 4 moths lol

___________________________________________________

Alexander woke Kate up at 2am just like every night to be fed. She untangled herself from ricks arms to go upstairs. Rick felt her getting out of bed and pulled her closer. "Baby, stay." "

Rick, common it have to go feed Alexander."

In his sleepy haze, he sat up releasing his light grip from Kate's waist, "oh, sorry." Kate kissed him quick then left the room to go tend to Alexander.

By the time Kate got back, Rick had fallen asleep sitting up. She laid him down and covered him back up. Knowing she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, she made her way to the bathroom.

Kate turned on the shower and started to strip of her clothing. She was thinking too much about josh. Kate jumped when she felt two bare hands on her naked hips. "Rick, I didn't even hear you come in." Kate said turning to face him, left only in her bra and underwear. "What are you doing up?"

"I heard you start the shower, figured you needed company to help you get your mind off things." His head dropped to suck on her neck while his hands unclasped her bra. Guiding the straps down her arms, letting it fall to the floor, his hands slid down her sides to her waist, stoping just above the hem of her panties. Hooking his fingers under the waistband, he guided the panties down her long legs. Once she was free, his hand rubbed across her abdomen.

"Rick," she breathed, she was not ready for this.

Rick pushed her back, taking his boxers off, "common sweetheart." He pulled on her hand towards the shower and helped her in.

-four months later-

Alexander was a very happy six month old baby. He simply adored Rick and loved when he held him, but he also adored Kate. He was defiantly a mommas boy. He had started crawling but wasn't good at it. Rick often gave him crawling lessons but it didn't go very far. Every time Rick got down on all fours next to A.J. Kate couldn't help but laugh.

Kate was giving him his bath while Rick wrote at the kitchen counter. Kate was tickling Alexander and he was giggling making Rick smile. Two months ago, Rick had proposed and Kate of course said yes. There was a knock at the door, "Rick, can you come finish up Alexander's bath."

"Yeah, of course." Kate dried her hands off and went to open the door.

"Hey, espo."

"Hey chica." He sounded off, his voice was different.

"Javi, what's up?"

"Kate, Josh go out. He's out of jail. He went to file a complaint against you, he's trying to take Alexander away."

Kate's heart dropped and her knees grew weak, "javi, no!" She cried and fell, Esposito caught her and she cried into him. Rick came running to the door, with Alexander wrapped in a towel.

"Espo, what happened?"

"Rick," Javier never used his first name, "get Kate settled down. I'll go change Alexander, and meet you back in the living room and explain." Espo took Kate and laid her on the couch and took A.J. Form Rick and started up the stairs. Rick was completely confused but he sat on the couch next to Kate.

"Rick, he wants to take our baby away." She cried and he pulled her into his lap.

"Who, Kate, who wants to take A.J. Away?"

He moved the hair out of her face and wiped her tears away. "J-Josh."

_________________________________________________________

A/N- well above explains the time jump... Comment thoughts?