Chapter 1

Prologue

Jane Taylor Thompson. JT for short. A couple months ago, I was sent back into the 1960's to figure out what the heck I needed to change about myself. I lived on the east side of town with the greasers. More specifically, Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Darry Curtis, Johnny Cade, Two-Bit Mathews, Steve Randle, and Dallas Winston. These boys grew to be my brothers. After I got in a few fights, jumps, and near-death experiences, I found myself reading a letter from my mother after my dad died. I decided to catch a train to Texas to go see her, well actually, go back in the future where I'm from. Luckily, the boys chased me down before I left forever without a real goodbye, and now here we are about a month later. After all that drama that went down, we're all perfectly, uhm well, not exactly perfectly. We're all... pretty close to happy! If that makes sense...

Well if you didn't read my previous story, I'll catch you up on my appearance and stuff. I mean, I haven't changed much since I was 13 years old. I'm 15 now, and I've got bright blue-green eyes, dark brown hair that's almost black, and it falls in a silky cascade about halfway down my back. I'm kinda tall and well built. I was kicked out for a bad grade by my dad. He recently died of cancer that came back. My mother currently lives in Texas if I was actually back in my own time, but I'm here for... I guess forever.

I've made best friends with these seven boys, and I probably couldn't live without them now. They've protected me from countless socs and have put up with me for as long as I've been here. I'm not even sure how long it's been. I guess that's pretty funny too. Anyway, I hope my life permanently here is alright. I guess we'll all find out.

Now I'm turning sixteen, (Oh joy!), and the boys decided to drag me to some "party" for this celebration. So we're all at Buck Merrill's in a crazy blur of a night. I'm not exactly sure what's going on right now, but I kinda like it. I'm probably too drunk to handle right now, but I really don't care. I'm just having the ultimate time of my life.

•••

Chapter 1

"Ponyboy," I slur. He smiles at me crookedly. "I still love your stupid face." I take a drink from my bottle as he laughs a little.

"You already told me that," he says, stumbling on his words.

"But I really-" I hiccup. "Really mean it."

"Do you really?" he asks incredulously.

"Yeah. I always have."

"Prove it."

"You're really drunk, you know that? What are you talking about, P-Ponyboy?" He steps towards me with a devilish smile forming on his face. The dark lighting makes him look different. He looks tougher, scarier... It doesn't look like the Ponyboy I know.

"You're drunk too."

"So what? What do you want me to prove?"

"C'mon. Show me," he taunts again. I begin to go along with his game a little, catching on to the idea, but I add my own rebellion.

"First, you have to tell me your secret." I smile dangerously. He looks a little confused. "Tell me what I want to hear."

He leans down. I feel his breath tickling my ear and neck, giving me chills. He wraps his arms around me in a careful way.

"I love you," he says gently.

"That's what I thought. Let's get out of here." I grab his hand and lead him away from the noise of the party.

•••

"What the hell is going on?" I groan as I sit up from leaning against a window. I look around and blink to clear my headache. I'm in a truck...