(2)Meeting your "uncle stupid"

Hey chaps!!!! 2nd chapter and on going, hope ya like it!!!!

Artemis' POV

My hunters, including Percy and I, walked through the forest until we reach our camp. The camp my ladies have set up was about a mile away from the lake. The area around our camp is concealed with the Mist, which helps in case for exploring mortals.

A few more minute and we would arrive at our destination, but I'm guessing Percy is already tired.

As soon as we arrived, discerning gazes landed on me and on the child I was holding.

I didn't bother and just went straight to the bonfire, holding Percy's right hand, before introducing him. By then, all of the girls have gathered around me.

"Ladies, I want you to meet the newest member of the hunt, Perseus Ellis Jackson."

A massive explosion of murmurs errupted. I heard a lot of complaints, but Zoe put a stop to it.

"Ladies, a child's gender doesn't define themselves. It doesn't already mean that he's selfish and cruel. He's only four for Zeus' sake!"

I smiled at Zoe for standing up on our newest recruit. It was very brave and kind of her.

I carried Percy before steadying him in my hips.

"We'll make young Perseus the first decent man on earth." I stated before putting the child down. Percy then started running around giggling and playing with the other hunters.

It took five minutes for the others to warm up around Percy. I've got to say, he's an irresistible young boy.

"Percy, how about you follow me on my tent."

He ran towards me and held my hand. I really find his attitude endearing. As we entered mybprivate tent, he sat down and yawned.

I chuckled, "Someday, you will be a great hero like a normal demigod. I won't leave you like Poseidon did."

"Pos-poseidon?" he looked up at me with large curious eyes.  It's obvious tjat he doesn't understand.

I simply ruffled his hair before saying, "I'll take care of you."

"Thanks mom." He hugged me and I didn't hesitate hugging him back.

In a minute or so we stopped hugging each other and I kissed his forehead.

I'll adopt you as my own.

Suddenly, Percy's blue-green aura changed. A tint of silver was added. The situation was the same with his eyes.

His sea green eyes were still the same but a tint of silver was circling around it.

I hugged him again and we slept peacefully that night.