(19)Dam

Percy's POV

"I am never going back there, nor am I going to visit a junkyard ever again." Phoebe said as we exited the junkyard of the gods.

After our talk with Aphrodite, we relaxed for a while before entering the junkyard. Zoe was apprehensive but we had no choice. We needed to head west and entering the junkyard leads towards it. Annabeth suggested that we just travel around it, but it would take at least a day before we could finish and we can't afford to lose more time.

So, enter the junkyard, we did. As Zoe predicted, it was no ordinary place. According to Annabeth, it might be the junkyard of the gods.

I've never heard of that before.

According to Thalia, this is the place where Mr. D's wine bottles get transferred to.

But instead of seeing garbage and dirty diapers all around, we saw refrigerators, crowns, jewelries, weapons and many more. 

I was quite tempted to steal a few things but I'm quite sure that it won't do us any good. I had the gut feeling that something bad would happen to us. We were only a mile away from the exit when a giant robot appeared out of nowhere. It looked liked a replica of Hepheastus's work but it had missing parts so it probably was  a reject.

We were able to defeat "Talos"- according to Annabeth that was the name. 

Phoebe had the idea of electrocuting it with use of Thalia's lightning abilities. Luckily, we were able to do so and the magical being fell down on the ground, depleted of power. Without wasting any time, we immediately left the place.

Here we are now- alive and breathing.

"We have no time to waste. Let's go." Thalia said while panting.

"Okay, just let us catch our breath for a minute." I replied before taking a chug of water from the bottle that Zoe passed to me. As soon as I was good to go, I slung my bow on my shoulder and looked around for any means of transportation around here.

"Hey guys," I called out, trying to catch their attention, "Check this out. A conveniently parked car that magically appeared in the middle of nowhere. How lucky for us that we saw it."

Thalia ignored my dry remark and simply checked the BMW if it was working. She entered the driver's seat and saw the keys that were already laid out. By then it was obvious that an immortal deity just helped us. Cars don't just pop out of nowhere unless you're Houdini. Not with our current situation right now.

"Well," Thalia told us after hearing the car's engine, "It works. The question is, are we going to use this thing?"

"It does look suspicious." Phoebe replied, "But it's not like it's going to explode."

I hummed in agreement, "What are we all waiting for? Let's go." 

I ran towards the front seat and shouted, "I take the shotgun!" before immediately entering the car.

Thalia was driving the car this time instead of Zoe. As soon as we were all settled in, Thalia started the engine. Annabeth passed a few Ambrosia for us to eat and I was eternally grateful for it. 

"Where are we heading now?" Thalia asked with one hand on the wheel, while the other holds a piece of ambrosia.

"San Francisco. We need to get to Nereus first." Zoe said.

"Nereus?" Thalia asked, "Who's Nereus? Is he a friend of yours?"

Zoe shook his head, "Nereus is the old man of the sea, he can answer at least one of our questions if we are able to find him."