(21)Trust me

A few more chapters and we're done! I tried aiming for at least 3000 or 3500 words, I'm really sorry cause this was only 2000. I'll prolly edit this later, enjoy :)

Percy's POV

Thalia was fighting Luke with everything she's got. It's not the first time they've fought though, and will probably not be the last. I swung my sword at Atlas and the titan met me with his spear after kicking Zoe on the chest, sending the huntress a few feet backwards.

Phoebe swung her dagger twice and as Atlas took two steps backwards, I stepped in and swung my sword at his side. Merely inches before I can wound him, he blocked my sword with his spear before kneeing Phoebe and swinging his weapon at me. His swings were strong considering I'm only a demigod but I couldn't go down without a fight.

Zoey was already on her feet and came scrambling for her bow. She notched two arrows and fired at the titan while Phoebe and I fought Atlas close range. I tried going for the titan's fighting arm but Atlas was fast for an opponent. When I deflected a deadly jab he sent at me, he then swung his fist straight into my face and I staggered and stumbled on my own feet. He twirled to his right to avoid Phoebe and swung his spear with a great amount of force before grabbing the back of her head and smacking it straight on to the ground.

Gods, that punch packed a lot and I'm shaking my head as I groaned in pain. In the corner of my eye, I can see Zoe finishing of a monster before lunging straight at his father. I stood up on my feet, still wobbly, when I heard Annabeth shout, "Percy watch out!"

I sensed something about to jump on my back and I immediately turned around slicing it with my sword. The dracaena then turned into dust and I looked at Annabeth fighting one more.

"The Ophiotaurus, Percy! Head over there right now!" She said while finishing the monster off with one stab in the chest, "I'm helping Thalia."

"Annabeth, wait!" I undid the lion's pelt on my waist, which was miraculously still there, and immediately handed it to her, "Please stay safe. Luke is a strong opponent."

"Don't worry, we will." She nodded before grabbing the pelt and running off to her best friend. Thinking about it now, I feel really dumb for not using the pelt in the first place. But my friends need it more than I do, and I don't want any of them dying knowing that I was using something for myself that might have probably saved them.

I headed for the puddle undetected, then I kneeled in front the of the water to meet the creature that was going to start the end of the world.

Looking at the Ophiotaurus right now, the creature looks nowhere near threatening. It doesn't even look like it can kill or knows what's even happening right now. It's head is the only thing popping out of the water and it's looking at me directly in the eyes.

I'm scared that if I touch it, it might die. I mean, this cute creature right here can actually cause the death of everybody which was oddly scary for me.

Killing something so innocent for Kronos is like killing babies to bring Hitler back from the dead.

"Um, hey little fella..." Can it even understand me? "I know this is gonna sound weird, but you need to leave, like, right now."

The creature just blinked at me.

"Go on, leave." I shooed the creature and motioned for the water, "You need to hide. Go! Leave!"

I turned at my right and I could see Luke turn red in anger as he saw me beside the creature. Thalia and Annabeth was doing a good job fighting him so I returned to my objective.

"C'mon little fella, just go! Shoo!"

I don't know if the Ophiotaurus understood my orders or just got annoyed at me, but the creature surprised me by mooing like a cow before heading straight into the murky water and disappearing at my sight.