(11)Seriously?

Percy's POV

"Zeus and Poseidon are not the only ones who broke the oath."

I didn't talk. I din't answer. I'm confused.

"You have... a child?"

I'm afraid my voice cracked while asking that question. At least he wasn't the first.

"Children. I have children." He answered cryptically, "A boy and a girl actually."

"And you're telling me this because?"

"Because I trust you Percy."

Okay, I don't know how to respond in situations like this.

"And are you expecting me to do something about this?" I looked at him sincerely in the eye, "There.. There is a quest at hand and I don't think I can help you."

"I don't want you to help me." He told me, "All I'm asking is that you help my children. They are in dire need of help and this can affect greatly to your quest."

I inhaled the air around me slowly, "Do you think I can do this uncle?"

He gave a smile which is unusual for him to do so, "You are a very powerful demigod Perseus. Not only do you have a strong personality, you are brave and very loyal too. Don't tell me Artemis stopped reminding you that."

I couldn't help the bubble of laughter from coming out of my mouth.

"Who exactly are these children of yours?"

"You'll see." With that, he was gone in a blink of an eye. Their was no trace of him left and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Typical gods. Leaving me with nothing but cryptic answers.

I returned to my cabin and saw that everyone was preparing for a goodnight's sleep

"I already packed the things thee will need." Zoe told me while gesturing to the backpack in the bed beside her.

"You shouldn't have. I'm big enough to do it." I said while I sat beside her.

She rolled her eyes, "Thou always forget something. It's a good thing that sword of thy is magic."

We laughed for a while, then I asked a serious question.

"Zoe?" I asked, "Are you scared? What if we don't finish the quest? What if we someone-"

"Don't. " She looked at me in the eye and told me, "Percy, everything will be alright. We can do this. I promise thee, nothing bad will happen."

I sheepishly rubbed my arm and I hugged Zoe. I needed reassurance that everything will be okay.

She hugged me back and whispered quitely in my ear, "We can do this."

Suddenly, I felt Phoebe joing our hugging session. Then another one joined. Then another. Then another. Then another and another.

It was definately comforting and I don't want this to end.

"Thank you guys. I love you all so much." I whispered but it was loud enough for everybody to hear.

"Okay, this is enough." Zoe ordered us and we all groaned. Nevertheless, we stopped hugging and prepared for a good night's sleep. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

"Seriously?" Phoebe glared at me while flicking my nose, "Out of all the things you forgot, you forgot to bring your bow and arrows

"Seriously?" Phoebe glared at me while flicking my nose, "Out of all the things you forgot, you forgot to bring your bow and arrows. "

"Sorry," I laughed at her, "I was sharpening them last night and I forgot where I put them."

She rolled her eyes and grumbled, "What's going to happen to you without me?"

"Are thee two finished?" Zoe reprimande us, "The three of us really want this quest over with."

The both of us looked at Thalia and Annabeth, all packed up.

"You guys ready?" I asked.

Thalia snorted, "Annabeth and I are born ready."

"Uh huh," I teased, "You might want to watch your back Grace. We don't want any more of those monsters eating you for lunch."

She laughed and gave me small nudge in the ribs.

"Oh," Annabeth piped up, "I'd like to thank you for saving us from that Minotaur. We would have been turned into food kibble if it wasn't for you."

I gave them a genuine smile, "Don't worry. I'll always have your back."

"Be careful Jackson." this time Thalia teased me, "Loyalty goes a long way."

I ignored her comeback and just ruffled her spiky hair.

"So does that mean... we're friends?" Annabeth asked.

"A daughter of Athena is trusting me so easily?" I asked her with a smirk, "Could this be the end of the world?"

She arched her brows, "I'm asking if we're friends. Not 'best friends'."

It was my time to roll my eyes, "You're too wise for your own good. Of course we're friends. We are talking right now, aren't we?"

The three of us laughed.

What we didn't notice is the two hunters looking at us with amused faces.