(12)A monster the size of an eraser

Percy's POV

Camp Half-Blood provided as a white van for our quest, it was enough for the five of us and Zoe is the one driving.

"Why are you the one driving. Why can't I drive?" Thalia asked, she has been nagging about this for a while now.

"Because, I am older than thee." Zoe answered flatly. Thalia snorted in disappointment while Annabeth and I couldn't help but snicker.

"So, where are we heading again?" Phoebe asked, "It would be best if we plan ahead about this quest we're having. I have a bad feeling about it."

We all agreed by nodding. I can't help but feel my stomach churn. I was nervous, especially with Hades' request that I find his children.

"We are going towards San Francisco." Zoe told us with her eyes steadily on the road.

"Why San Francisco?" Annabeth asked, "Is there something wrong with that place?"

Zoe shook her head, "We went hunting at San Francisco a while back, and Lady Artemis noticed that the is mist getting stronger in that place. She told me that that something was strong was 'stirring' in that place."

We all looked at each other's eyes, we all have our own intuitions but no one dared to comment. It was much more better to not assume about things that aren't known yet. As a demigod, I learned to expect the unexpected.

"I don't want to make any assumptions but I think we should focus on how we can get to San Francisco, preferably alive and in one piece."

"I agree," Annabeth said, "We're not even half way close to our destination, the least we can do now is to watch each other's backs and drive safely. Our challenges are yet to come, we should enjoy this while it last."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with her." I murmured in Phoebe's ear and I can't help but hear Annabeth's eyeroll.

"I heard that you know," she glared at me playfully, "Last I checked, I am a daughter of Athena."

I raised both of my hands guiltily, "Hey, I'm just saying. I'm not questioning you or your mother's skills. Besides, if it wasn't for your mom, pizza wouldn't be made."

"Is he always like this?" Thalia asked no one particularly, but then looked at Phoebe for an answer.

"Stupid? Yes, he's always like that."

"Traitor!" I nudged Phoebe's arm, "I'm not stupid. I just can't help but say everything that pops first in my brain."

They all laughed including myself. It was fun and I hope all of this will all end well.

"So, what's with Artemis adopting you as her child?" Thalia asked after a while. I was guessing both her and Annabeth are curious by now. We haven't really given a proper explanation about my situation yet.

"I think that's another story for another time." I answered, "I'm confused as you are."

"Do you have any powers from him?" Annabeth asked curiously, "Have you always known that you were a son of Poseidon."

"Yeah, but I haven't explored it yet or found the need to. And to answer your second question, I think I've always known that I am a son of Poseidon. It was obvious and they briefed me about it when I was twelve."

"We just didn't make it an issue and we tried our best to protect Percy." Phoebe piped in, eyes filled determination.

"I think thee should all stop talking about this." Zoe told us all, "What's done is done."