two

" I-I'm sorry.." he started. "Uhm-- that is really sad but I am not your ex-boyfriend"

I froze.

"If you are just trying to escape this conversation, you can tell me that, Josh. Stop making a fool out of me. Not again", I responded irritatingly. He really has the nerve to make me seem stupid, again? Once a jerk, always a jerk, huh.

"But I--". I did not let him finish what he was about to say and immediately hung up. I let out a deep breath in an attempt to compose myself before driving myself home.

All throughout the drive back, I could not stop thinking how nonsensical Josh's reason was. He could've made a more convincing excuse but he really resorted to that. Who would even believe that, right?

But what if, he really is not Josh?

"Uhh how bout you stop", I said to myself out loud. Sometimes our minds create thoughts that are opposite of what we really feel and this is one of those moments. "Get a grip, Sum. I am not going to let ourselves get played again. Especially, with the same person please", I pleaded with myself as I was parking my car. I looked at myself in the rearview mirror to quickly fix my hair, took a deep breath, and went out of the car with the pizzas.

My left hand was holding two boxes of pizzas and the right one was a plastic bag with pasta and garlic bread inside. I was already planning in my head how I was going to push the elevator button but to my luck, there was a guy that already pushed it. Wait, I feel like this is the first time I saw this person here. I tried to not-weirdly get a glimpse of his face but he was wearing a mask and black baseball cap. But his hands are so white and his clothes though, he sure can dress.

The sound of the elevator doors opening startled me. Ugh, I hope he didn't notice that I was surprised and that I was also examining him. Well, he has been glued to his phone the whole time so I guess I'm safe.

He entered the elevator first and I followed him. We were the only ones inside so I tried to gaze on my opposite side. I wouldn't want to make this more awkward than already is, please. But, I kind of feel he was looking at me for a moment. So I tried to slowly look in his direction and he was. 

"Uhm, what floor?", he asked pointing at the elevator floor buttons. "Oh hahaha. Seventh", I awkwardly responded. He nodded and pushed the 7th-floor button. Hmm, he didn't select another one? Maybe we live on the same floor.

Yup, we do. As we step out of the elevator, we walked opposite ways. Ah, he lives on the left-wing of our level, I guess that's why this is my first time seeing him. I then proceed to my unit.

I knocked on my front door and Kate immediately opened it with a frown. "Girl, what took you so LONG?! I am starving!", she exclaimed while snatching the boxes of pizza in my hand. "The restaurant had too many people. I had to wait there for like 40 minutes! I just stopped myself from eating a slice on my way here!", I responded. "Yeah yeah whatever let's eat I cannot take it anymore", she said as she shoved a slice into her mouth. I cannot be moved by that attitude anymore, she really gets so irritated when she's hungry. But, she is still the best when she's not.

"How did you manage carrying all of these though? I thought you were going to call me on your phone so I could help you?", Kate asked now that she calmed down. "Well, a guy was waiting for the elevator when I got there so I didn't had any problem"

"I see. Well I charged your phone", she said while getting another slice. "Ah yeah, thanks. Here's your phone. By the way", I stopped to swallow my pizza first. "I saw that you still haven't deleted Josh's number on your contacts",  i said which made her eyes wide.

"Oh yeah!I totally forgot to delete it since I barely use my phone on work days, which is almost everyday. So I never had the chance to do so. I'm sorry, Sum", she explained with a sad face. "Nah! It's totally fine, I know you spend most of your time in front of your laptop anyway. The only problem is that...... I called the number", i said with my voice slowly turning in to a whisper, embarrassed to admit doing so. "And?...", she asked waiting for me to finish my sentence.