two

two

Ashton sat a the dining room table. His mom was upstairs rounding his siblings. The maid was cooking. His "dad" was probably somewhere in the house drinking.

He hated it. It was a miserable life for him. He had to live up to the expectations of being rich and popular. Sporty as well.

Ashton being Ashton, decided to take sports trivia to gain knowledge before dinner. To be honest, Ashton was never outside. The only reason he knew how to play football at P.E. in school, was Wikipedia. That was the truth and he knew it. Now he just leisurely plays it when his "friends" come over.

"Ashton! Dinner is ready! Set the table!" His mom yelled from upstairs. He sighed and got up from his chair, set his phone down, and made his way into the kitchen.

He grabbed the nearest plate of food and ushered it to the dining table. Ashton put that on the table, and sat down in his spot. He waited for his "dad" to eventually come down. Ashton didn't have to wait that long. He came stumbling down the stairs.

"Heeey Ashton." He slurred as he rounded the corner and into the dining room. Ashton could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Hi Curtis." Ashton monotoned. He didn't like Curtis. He was always getting drunk, in Ashton's house. Once again, Ashton played the dad role of the family. Lauren, Harry, and his mom came walking into the dining room. Lauren and Harry had a petrified look on their face. That mad Ashton mad. His mom just sighed and rolled her eyes.

Curtis slurred some other words and Ashton's mom began to dump food into his plate. Ashton sighed and began to put food on his own plate.

"Things are rough all over." -Cherry Valance, The Outsiders

A/n
I sorry that this is short. I had an Algebra exam so I'm worn out today. *sigh* ily