epilouge

Crying....

Luke sat on the edge of the bed. He looked around at the empty room. The pictures were off the walls and and sheets were stripped from the bed. So many memories were made here. He hated to see them go.

Michael had put the last of his boxes in the moving truck. "Luke, come on babe, we absolutely cannot be late."

"Coming." Like yelled back, wiping a tear from his cheek. He picked up the last box from his room and carried it out of the apartment. Michael greeted his boyfriend with a smile.

"You ready to go love?" He said.

"Yeah yeah. Gotta get Ketchup in the kennel. Then get that in the car." Like said, sighing.

Michael notices he sadness and stress in Luke's eyes. They had shifted to a full blue. He wrapped his arms around the frail boy.

"I've got it, you just sit in the car okay?" Michael offered. Luke gave a light smile and nodded his head.

Luke walked to the car and got in the passenger side. He looked around once more. He was going to miss the little apartment. The stairs we're treacherous and the carpet was an ugly shade of tan. The siding on the exterior was faded and molding. The entry door was starting to crack, and the green paint was peeling. To everyone else, it was a dump, but to Luke, it was home. It used to be.

Ketchup barked happily as he was let into the car.

"Hey girl." Luke said as he turned around to pet the puppy. She wagged her tail and licked his hand. Michael got in the car and stuck the keys in the ignition, staring at Luke as the engine turned on, its faint rumble seemed louder in the silence.

"Drive Mike, I'm fine." Luke said, sniffling a bit.

Michael said nothing and pulled away. The scenery changed as they made their way. The green of the trees, the blue of the water, the grey of the towns, and the gold of the sun. As the sun began to set, the colors faded. Luke lost the colors that kept him going when the sky turned to black.

"Babe." He said quietly.

"What's up sunshine?" Michael responded, putting a hand on the older boy's thigh.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I want to die with you. I want to raise our dog. And we can have kids. Name our daughter Peach, or something normal like Bella. We'll start the rest of our lives in our new house. It's gonna be you and me, forever. Don't leave me okay." Tears we're dripping down Luke's face.

"Baby, look at me." Michael said.

Luke faced Michael, sobbing, his face all red.

"I am never letting go. You don't worry. I'm not going anywhere okay. I want to raise our kids too. I want to get married eventually. Spend the rest of our lives together. We can name our kid Peach, hell, name them Mario and Luigi too. It doesn't matter. As long as I have you, it's going to be perfect."

Michael was crying now too.

The stars lined the night sky. The moon shone brighter than ever. Luke had Michael and Michael had Luke. It was perfect. They had their dog named Ketchup and their metaphorical kids Peach, Mario, and Luigi. It was all good.

But this isn't the end, it's only the beginning.