Chapter 18: Hesitation

"I'm not wearing that dress" I protested, staring at the dark red skater dress Eliza held up to me.

"You can't meet his family wearing all black, they'll think you just broke out of prison or something" she responded, giving me a pleading smile. "You'll look great, please."

"Eliza I want to wear black" I whined.

"Juliette" she groaned "it's a Christmas party not a funeral"

"Eliza" I sighed.

"Please" she begged "just for today."

"You say that" I started, brushing the lace of the dress with my fingertips "but soon you'll be replacing all of my clothes with yours."

She groaned, putting the dress down "please" she began "please, please, please, please, please" she begged repeatedly as I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Eliza" I whined.

"Please, please, please, please" She continued.

"Okay fine!" I finally gave in, "only because you're so fucking annoying" I muttered.

I went into the bathroom, pulling on a pair of tights considering it was pretty much freezing outside, and slipping on the dress over my head. I took a glance at the mirror and realised that I hadn't worn a dress of colour in four years. It was so strange to be staring at my appearance. Who knew a change in colour would make me look like a completely different person?

I walked out the bathroom, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at Eliza expectantly "well?" I questioned impatiently.

"You look amazing" She gushed "well almost" she corrected, walking towards me and pulling my hairband down, allowing my hair to cascade past my shoulders.

"I don't like my hair down" I whined slightly.

"Shut up" she instructed "Levi's gonna be here in less than an hour, which means I have that much time to make your hair look nice."

I glared "thanks"

She sent me a wide innocent smile "It's no problem at all, dearest cousin" she began, walking out of the room, presumably to get something for my hair.

She came back into my bedroom with a curling iron in her left hand and her hairbrush in her right. "Sit" she demanded as she grinned in success.

"You're so demanding" I muttered before sitting in front of her.

She started by parting my hair, considering it was so thick. She spent around half an hour doing three quarters of it, and it was almost time for Levi to arrive.

"Eliza!" I whined "how long will if take?"

"Five more minutes, chill please" she replied.

"I will not chill! He's gonna be here soo-" before I could even finish my sentence I heard a knock at the door.

"Aunt Jen! Tell Eliza that Levi's going to be here any minute and she's not doing my hair quick enough!" I screamed to aunt Jen who was probably knocking through the door.

"Mom! Tell her that she needs to look nice for her boyfriend and his family!" Eliza retaliated

"He's not my boyfriend!" I answered, pouting.

"Just one last strand I swear" she said, bringing the curling iron near my ear and curling the last strand of hair. "Done!" She smiled.

"Come in aunt Jen!" I shouted, allowing her to open the door.