Saving Annalise / Life Update

LIFE / WATTPAD UPDATE

Saving Annalise is such a personal story to me; 100% more personal than Purely Arrogance and I've decided that, once the epilogue / extra chapters / character analyses etc of Saving Annalise have been published, I'll be taking a break from Wattpad. Maybe permanently.

When I began writing Purely Arrogant I was fourteen years old. Which is madness to me. I was in year 10 and now I'm doing creative writing in my first year of University.

Being in my creative writing / English lessons have really taught me one thing. I'm finished with wattpad. I am in love and obsessed with romantic novels and cliche and high school romances, but a couple of things made me want to stop.

The biggest one, I think, is that Saving Annalise is so personal it feels like a part of me is in that book. I don't think I could write a wattpad book in the same way I do without making it as personal or as good as that one. None of them will ever be that meaningful.

Another one is that I've outgrown it, I think. Not mentally, but definitely in terms of age. I'm older than Juliette, Levi, Chase, Annalise. That's so strange to me. It's so strange to write stories about characters that I've outgrown.

The final one is that I know what I want to write next, and I don't want it to start on wattpad. What I want to write next is going to be documentary / Canterbury Tales / Autobiography / Fiction of my life and my background. I want to write less about white characters and cliche love, and more about diversity and beauty in my culture and background whilst simultaneously criticising the world we live in. I want it to be full of feminism and anger and happiness and everything that means something to me that I couldn't fit in a wattpad book. I have no idea how I'll do it, but I know I'll probably find it easier to start without wattpad.

LEO AND ROSIE'S STORY

I know that so many of you are holding onto the hope that I finish Rosie and Leo's story, and a huge huge huge part of me wishes that I did. I got so far into the book I just didn't know where I was going with it. My plan was always to revisit it after Saving Annalise but that story took so much out of me and so much time to write that I could never get around to Fatally Attracted. That was the name of the book, by the way.

I wish more than anything I finished it. I got so far into it. I just didn't know what was happening.

Would you be up for reading what I had written, even despite knowing that it would never be finished? Or would you rather just stay in the dark? Let me know.

SAVING ANNALISE

Finally. To those of you who have made it this far. Here's the first chapter of Saving Annalise to maybe entice some of you to read the book. Please give it a try.

"Somewhere along the lines, we stopped seeing eye to eye."