Epilogue: Graduation

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." -Robert Frost

2 months later...

"Juliette! Our college acceptance letters came!" Eliza squealed, her black graduation gown dragging across the floor behind her as she opened the door to my bedroom.

I looked up from my vanity table where I was currently applying lip gloss and smiled at her. "Let me see, let me see!" I said, dropping the lipgloss into the desk and squealing. "Wait no, actually don't show me, I'm too afraid!" I said.

"Shut up, you literally are the smartest kid in our entire school, I'm worrying!" She said, what if I didn't get accepted into University of Massachusetts?" she said quietly.

"You will. And the you will be the best business and fashion major they will have!" I said, wrapping my arms around her as she did the same.

"Okay, open it together?" She said.

I nodded "like there was any other way we could have opened it"

We both looked at each other wearily, before looking at the slips in our hands, opening it carefully. We both delicately opened it and pulled the letter out of envelope. Skim reading the letter, I felt my heart deflate as I struggled to find any positive adjectives.

Until I went back to the first word and saw 'congratulations.'

"Juliette! I got in, I got in!" She squealed loudly "I can't believe I got in, oh my, god I'm hyperventilating, I can't breathe, I can't believe I got in" she squealed out of happiness before she looked at me. "Why aren't you happy, didn't you get in?" She asked, lowering the tone of her voice as she looked at me sadly.

"I did" I nodded.

"Then why aren't you happy?" She asked.

I slightly allowed my shoulders to slump "because I'm going to be so far away from you guys, you're all going to be in Boston and I'll be in New York, I'm going to miss you so much" I said, tears slipping down my cheeks, noticing that Eliza was crying too.

"What am I going to do without my best friend for the next four years?" She asked, hugging me.

"Your makeup is going to mess up" I said to her, laughing slightly.

She shook her head " I don't care Juliette"

"Well I do, it's graduation, you need to look as good as you do every single day" I instructed as she laughed.

"Says the girl who is still in her pyjamas!" She said scoldingly

I smiled, giving her an innocent grin "I'm sorry! I was doing my hair and makeup" I answered.

"Look at you, not even three months after prom and you're a full on girly girl" she teased as I rolled my eyes.

"Ha ha, all I did was straighten my hair and put on lipgloss and mascara" I said, laughing slightly. "Which is now ruined thanks you and your insistent desire to cry" I added, wiping the under bit of my eyes where there was no doubt traces of mascara.

"Hey, that was you!" She said. "Come on Miss Valedictorian, we have a graduation to get to" she said.

I stuck my tongue out to her before going to my closet, pulling out my favourite dress which was a strapless dark red dress, which had a high low skirt, along with a pair of Eliza's heels. I quickly ran to the bathroom and took off my pyjamas, slipping the dress and the shoes on before heading out.

Eliza stood in my room, holding my cap and gown in her hands as she handed it to me along so my gold sash thing for being valedictorian. I smiled at her, shrugging the gown in and placing the cap on my head.