Chapter 2

•Johnson•

"Ay, where you been, man?" Sam asked me as I walked into my apartment.

"Mall," I mumbled before throwing the new copy of Call Of Duty at him and putting the pizza boxes down on the coffee table. "You guys won't believe who I saw there," I said to him and Nate.

"Who?" Nate asked, opening one of the boxes.

"Emmiey," I told them.

"Emmiey? Emmiey as in Emmiey Oliver?" Sam asked, his brown eyes wide.

"Yep. The very one," I nodded.

"God, we haven't seen her in what? Five years?" Nate asked.

"Yeah. And she has a kid," I said.

"Well obviously," He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "She and G broke up when she was pregnant with some dude's kid."

"His kid," I said.

"Woah, what?" Sam asked, his eyebrows shooting up.

"The kid was his all along," I explained to them.

"Dude, no way. Gilinsky wouldn't lie to us about shit like that," Nate said, shaking his head.

"Okay, tell me this kid doesn't look like G when he was younger," I said, holding up my phone. On the screen was a picture I had screenshotted off Emmiey's instagram of her and Tommy.

"Holy shit," Sam gapped at the pictures.

"He's almost the spitting image of him," Nate muttered.

"Exactly," I stated.

"Why the fuck would he lie to us?!" He asked angrily, slamming his fists down on the table.

To be honest, Nate was heartbroken when Emmiey left us. They were best friends. Basically inseparable. After she and Gilinsky broke up, she moved away from Omaha and changed her number so we had no way of contacting her.

"Apparently he denied Tommy was his when she first told him," I said.

Before the guys could fume anymore, Gilinsky walked through the door.

"Hey, guys," He grinned at us. When he realised that the three of us were glaring at him, he slowly back tracked. "Okay, what's going on?"

Before we could say anything, Nate rushed forward and pinned Gilinsky to the wall, his one hand around his neck and the other holding his shoulder back.

"How fucking dare you! You were the one that drove Emmiey away from us!" He screamed at him.

"Dude, what the fuck?!" Gilinsky hissed, trying to push Nate off him.

"It's your fault Emmiey left! Did you know she was pregnant with your kid?! Huh?!" He hissed at him.

Suddenly he began to put two and two together.

"That kid wasn't mine," Gilinsky spat.

"Yes he fucking is! No one can deny that shit!" He yelled, grabbing my phone out of my hands and shoving it in Gilinsky's face.

I watched as my best friend's eyes scanned the picture thoroughly before his face was racked with guilt.

"B-b-but how?" He stuttered.

"You guys fucked, obviously," Sam scoffed while pulling Nate away.

"I need to talk..." He trailed off.

"Don't even bother. She wants nothing to do with you," I said coldly. "She and Tommy are fine without you."

Before anyone else could say anything, he left. He just left.

***

•Gilinsky•

No way. Its not possible. Emmiey's kid isn't mine. But damn, I can't deny it, can I? That boy is the spitting image of me.

Tommy. She named him Tommy. She always said she would...

Emmiey Oliver was my first love. My first crush, kiss, time, everything.  We were together for two years before we broke up. She was pregnant. She told me right away, and I refused to believe the kid was mine. I mean, I was eighteen back then. I wasn't in any position to raise a kid. I mean, my career was just beginning to take off.

God, how selfish do I sound? I drove her away. I wasn't thinking about anyone else but myself. I mean, she and Nate were close, and Johnson and Sammy were like her brothers.

I left her alone. For almost six years she's been raising our son alone.

I wonder what he's like. I mean, he looks a lot like me, but hopefully he inherited Emmiey's brain. Does he like sports or music? What does he like to do for fun? What's his favourite food?

All of these questions swirled in my brain. I can't just sit and do nothing about this.

Twenty minutes later, I decided that I wasn't just going to sit and do nothing. Clicking on the instagram app, I quickly searched for her profile and found it. I couldn't help but warm up a little as I read her bio.

She's a journalist for Cosmopolitan magazine, her dream job. While scrolling through her pictures, they were either work related or of her and Tommy. God, she's still as beautiful as ever.

After finding no indication of her phone number, I decided to phone the Cosmo building. Luckily I managed to spin them a story about wanting an interview with her and they finally gave me her cell phone number.

Typing the digits into my keypad, I took a deep breath and then pressed call. After three rings it was answered.

"Hello, this is my mommy, Emmiey Oliver's phone. This is Tommy," A small boy's voice said into the receiver.

I froze, not expecting to hear my son's voice.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. Instead, I just hung up.

Wow. My son. Can I even say that? God, Emmiey must hate me.

But damn, I have a son. A boy of my own. I've always wanted someone I could play a game of football with or, or basketball. Someone to share my love of music with.

But then something else crossed my thoughts: What am I going to do about Madison?

****
So Madison will feature in a few chapters and stuff bc its vital. Oh, and thanks for all the love on the first two chapters. You guys are great. ❤ xo