Chapter 34: Always Gonna Be There

•Ava•

The sound of Jack and Jack's newest album was blasting through my house as I stood in the kitchen mixing cookie dough. Jack's coming over tonight and he asked me to make him chocolate chip cookies because they're his favourite.

I couldn't help but smile as I thought of the handsome blue eyed man I'm fortunate enough to call mine. Ever since Christmas eve when we got together, things have been absolutely perfect between us.

After finishing with the dough and putting the cookies in the oven, I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of shorts and a warm top before taking the cookies out of the oven and placing them on a cooling rack.

Hearing my phone ping, I smiled knowing that it was Jack because of the personalised ping.

Jack♥♡∞: Hey, gorgeous girl ♡ On my way with pizza & Starbucks (: You remember to bake me those cookies? Please say you did ♥ See you in a bit, Princess. x

Still smiling, I quickly replied to the message and then was about to put my phone on the counter when it suddenly started ringing. It was an unknown number, but I knew it was an international number.

It was a British number...

Could it maybe be my mum? Or my dad even. Maybe they've come to their sense now. Taking a deep breath, I answered the call.

"H-hello?"

"Ava? Hi...it's Eva."

I haven't spoken to my sister in almost eight months...

"H-hi, Eva."

"I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time," She said.

"No, um, not at all," I told her.

"So um, how've you been?" She asked.

"Good," I answered. "And you?"

"I've been good," She said. "Lily and Daisy have been keeping me on my toes though."

God, I missed my nieces so damn much. They're the spitting imagine of Eva and I and are just like us when we were their age.

"I miss them," I said.

"They miss you too," She sighed. "They're always asking where you are or when you're coming to visit."

"I don't know," I mumbled.

"Ava...won't you come home, please? I miss you, and so do mum and Thomas. Dad won't admit it, but he does too."

"I can't, Eva. I don't want to live having my life dictated to me," I sighed.

"Christmas wasn't the same without you. We all knew it even though mum and dad didn't say anything," She said.

"Eva, it's not my fault I wasn't there," I said.

"At least talk to them, Ava! We all need you to come home! Mum isn't the same without you anymore. Things between her and dad have been strained since you left!"

And that just made me feel ten time guilty. My parents have been together for two and a half decades. The fact that their relationship was faltering because of me made me feel awful.

"And...I don't want Lucas to grow up not knowing his aunt," She added in quietly.

"Lucas?"

"Your nephew."

"Wait, you're pregnant again?" I asked, this news being a complete surprise to me.

"Yeh," She said. "Five and a half months along. It's a boy."