Chapter 13

•Emmiey•

On Friday I decided to work from home because I just had to do some layouts. No interviews or anything, so I figured I'd just spend the day with my sister. She still has some time off, thankfully.

"Lottie, wake upppppp!" I groaned, shaking my sister awake at half past twelve that day.

"Emmiey, stop being an annoying little sister and fuck off," She muttered, trying to pull the covers higher up.

"But I wanna play monopoly!" I whined.

"No, Emmiey."

"Fiiiine!" I huffed, walking out of her room and slamming the door behind me.

I know she's gonna feel bad for rejecting me and then she's gonna get up. What? I'm just really in the mood to play monopoly.

"Emmm, don't be a baby," Lottie mumbled as she hugged me from behind.

"I'm not," I sulked.

"Give me ten minutes to shower and then we can play," She groaned, making me grin like an idiot.

"I love you, Lottie," I grinned, and then kissed her cheek.

While my sister showered, I set up the monopoly board and pieces before grabbing some candy from the pantry. Just then, the doorbell went.

It's half past twelve. Who could possibly be here at this time?

"Gooood morning, my dear best friend," Nate grinned as he walked right in just as I was about to open the door.

"Nate, what are you doing here?" I asked with a laugh as we walked into the kitchen.

"Just came to visit my two favourite people and I mean, who doesn't love Ihop?" He grinned, holding up two bags of food from one of my favourite restaurants.

"Well, you're just in time for a game of monopoly," I laughed.

"Nathan Maloley, did you really bring me food?" Lottie asked as she walked into the kitchen, freshly changed into a pair of leggings and a long sleeved shirt while tying her wet hair into a bun (which in my defense is the most uncomfortable thing ever. Am I right, ladies?).

"But of course, Charlotte Oliver! I'm a good person!" He exclaimed dramatically causing us both to laugh.

After putting our food on plates, we began the deathly game of monopoly. I wasn't exactly sure how this was going to end because when Lottie and I were younger, it always ended in the game being strewn across the room and us not talking to each other for a few hours.

"Alright, bitches. Be prepared to be ripped apart by the biggest property owner you've ever seen," Nate declared as he rolled the dice. As soon as he landed on one of the properties, he bought it.

Knowing Nate, this is definitely going to be a long game. But hey, Lottie and I don't give up either.

Two and a half hours later, I was ready to quit the game all together. Lottie and Nate decided they thought it would be funny to team up together, totally outnumbering me.

"There's no rule saying you can do that!" I shrieked, throwing my hands up.

"Yeah, but there's no rule saying we can't," Nate smirked.

"You guys are such bitches," I muttered as I threw cash at them because I had landed on one of their properties.

By the end of the game, I had no choice but to forfeit all my properties and I was out of cash.

"Go execute yourselves!" I yelled, glaring at them.

"What do you say, Nathan. I think we deserve cupcakes as a reward, and Emmiey doesn't get any," Lottie smirked as the two of them stood up.