Chapter 25

•Jack•

Sitting in my living room, I patiently waited for Madison to come around. She said she had something really important to tell me. I'm pretty sure it's about the launch of her new album or something.

When she had arrived, I made us some coffee before we sat down in the living room.

"What's up? It sounded kind of urgent," I said.

"Um, yeah, it is," She said.

I could tell that she was nervous just my the way she played with the hemline of her shirt.

"Look, Jack. The thing is...you and I. What we have is great. It's honestly better than anything I could have ever imagined," She started.

I couldn't help but frown. I sense a but.

"But lately... Jack, you told me that you don't love Emmiey anymore. That you don't feel anything for her, but you and I both know that's it's a lie."

I couldn't bring myself to answer because I knew that was true.

"Jack, I do love you. I love you so much, and I know you love me too, but what you feel for Emmiey...that's indescribable," She said.

I still stayed quiet because I wanted to hear what she had to say.

"I was...I was looking for my jewellery box in your room the other day and I looked on top of your dresser and well...I did find a box up there and I opened it."

I knew exactly which box she was talking about.

"I know I shouldn't have gone through it, but I did, and Jack, the fact that you kept all of those mementos for all of those years...that obviously means something," She said sadly.

"Madison...yeah, I'll admit, I do still feel something for Emmiey, but she and I? We'll never be together again. It's just not possible," I said.

"But it is," She said. "You share a son together. She was your first love, and you can deny it as much as you want, but in time, your feelings will show. And sooner or later, you'll wonder why you gave up on what the two of you could have had."

"Madison, she'll never let me back into her life even if I wanted to be. I hurt her badly the last time she did that," I said.

"But she still loves you."

"Madison, what are you saying?" I asked her.

"Jack, I love you so damn much and I honestly thought you were the love of my life. But I wasn't yours. Emmiey was. Still is. And I know for a fact that she still loves you. Female intuition, I guess. So who am I to keep the two of your apart?"

"So...you're breaking up with me?" I asked, feeling like there was saw dust in my throat.

"I have to," She said, her brown eyes becoming glassy. "Yes, you love me but Emmiey? You're in love with her. You always have been."

My mind was reeling right now. Is Madison really doing the right thing?

"You, her and Tommy are meant to be a family. I don't want to be in the way of that," She said, wiping her eyes.

"You really want to do this?" I asked quietly.

"Its what I have to do," She said. "I still love you, Jack Gilinsky, but you need to do what's best for you."

"And you? What about what's best for you?" I asked.

"My music," She answered. "I just need to focus on that for a while."

"You're honestly such a good person, Madison," I said, pulling her into a hug and then kissing her forehead. "You honestly are."

After she had left, I just sat there thinking.

I really do love Madison. I mean, we've been together for six years.

But deep down inside, I knew she did the right thing. I do still love Emmiey. So damn much.

And now I was more determined that ever to make her mine again.

Aaaand, Madison is officially written out of the book. Unlike most fanfics, I didn't want her to go out like a bitch. So meh.

There's only about 10 more chapters of this book left, so things will move along very quickly now.

Thanks x