Chapter 16

•Jack•

"Jack? Are you okay? You seem pre-occupied," Madison's voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay," I said, smiling a little at her.

It's been two days since Tommy started school, and I don't know why, but I just can't stop thinking about Emmiey. I mean, I didn't mean to kiss her on the forehead. It was just a reflex. When we were dating, I'd always hold her tight and kiss her forehead whenever she was upset.

"You sure?" She asked, looking unconvinced.

"Yeah," I nodded and then kissed her.

"I'm in the mood for ice-cream," She said as she hoisted herself onto the kitchen island.

"Wanna head to the parlour downtown?" I asked.

"Yep," She nodded.

After grabbing my wallet and car keys, we headed to our favourite ice-cream parlour.

"Ugh, what is this!" Madi groaned as she glared at the traffic in front of us. "Why is there traffic at like seven at night?!"

"Relax. It'll ease up soon," I laughed and then switched on the radio.

While moving along the line every now and then, we listened to different songs on the radio that I didn't really pay attention to until one particular one caught my eye.

"Hey there, Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true."

Hey There, Delilah...This was mine and Emmiey's song.

**Flashback**

"How long are you gonna be gone for this time?" Emmiey asked as she rested her head on my chest while I had my arms wrapped around her.

"Three months," I told her.

I knew she was upset about me leaving again, but she was trying hard not to show it even though it wasn't working.

"Oh," She whispered.

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't want to go, but this is huge for Johnson and I," I said.

"Yeah, I get that, and I'm so proud of you for making it so far," She said and then kissed my cheek.

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars," I whispered to her.

"I'll walk to you if I have no other way," She said quietly.

"Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'd just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way.
Emmiey, I can promise you that by the time that we get through,
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame..."

"You need to stop changing that line," She said with a small laugh as she wiped her glassy eyes.

"Never," I chuckled, and then kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Jack. And if doing this is what's gonna be best for you and Johnson, then I want you to go," She said.

"I love you too, Emmiey. And I promise that not even distance will keep us apart," I said and then gently placed my lips on hers.

**flashback over**

"Jack. Jack! The traffic is moving!" Madison said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, okay," I mumbled as I pushed down on the pedal with my foot and drove forwards.

"Are you okay? You're really out of it," My girlfriend observed.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded.

She nodded but seemed unconvinced.

After grabbing some ice-cream and then going for a short walk on the beach, I dropped Madison off at home before heading back to my place.

Yeah, we've been together for six years but we still don't live together. We've just never had the time to discuss it.

But the whole evening my mind remained pre-occupied because...

I just can't stop thinking about Emmiey.

•Emmiey•

"So if they say fifteen over five, that means you need to split the fifteen sweets between five people, right?" Tommy asked as we sat at the dining room table and he was doing his math homework.

"Exactly," I nodded.

"So..." He stopped for a minute and his forehead creased as if he were thinking hard, something Jack always used to do. "Each person gets three sweets!"

"That's right," I grinned at him as he wrote down the answer.

Since when do they do fractions in the first grade? I don't remember this shit and I'm a nineties baby.

After he had finished his math homework, I helped him with the Spanish he had to do before he went to bed.

"Alright, you all tucked in?" I asked him.

"Yup," He nodded.

"Okay, well then sleep tight. I love you," I said to him and then kissed his forehead.

"I love you too, momma," He said through a yawn, before I switched the light off and exited the room.

After showering and changing into my pyjama's, I grabbed my Ipad and just scrolled through my social media's before becoming tired.

Going on twitter, my eyes widened in surprised when I saw the top worldwide trend.

#Jemmiey.

Is that what I think it is...?

Sure enough, I was mine and Jack's shipname that his fans had come up with, and they had tweeted hundreds of things about the two of us. Obviously he's still with Madison, but it didn't seem like they cared.

They pretty much went on about how Jack and I should be together so that me, him and Tommy can be a happy family.

Oh, no, little internet people. That will never happen. Absolutely not.

Never in a million years.

Holla. So this chapter is dedicated to caity_sukkowplang bc I promised I'd dedicate it to her :'D

Atm missAvaK and I are at a writing lecture thing and we're supposed to be listening or at least doing homework but nah. We rebels af. ;) Btw, shoot her new book Dare a read bc it's super good. x