Chapter 36

•Emmiey•

"Mommy, do you need any help?" Tommy asked me as he walked into the nursery of our new home.

"Oh, hey," I smiled at him. "Isn't Kara coming over?" I asked.

"That's only in half an hour," He shrugged as he grabbed one of the onesies and began neatly folding it like I had taught him.

Its been three weeks since Tommy's birthday and since Jack told me about moving in together.

The house is everything I could have asked for and more. In my defense it's a bit big for a family of four donning eight bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a study and a large backyard. I'm not complaining though. Its perfect.

"Do you think its a boy or a girl?" He asked as he absent-mindedly as we finished putting the clothes in the dresser.

"Well what are you hoping for?" I asked him. Jack and I want to keep the sex of the baby a surprise till he or she gets here.

"I don't really mind," He shrugged. "It would be cool to have both."

"I'm glad you're excited," I said and then kissed his forehead. I was a bit worried that Tommy would feel neglected because he's never really had to share Jack and I with anyone but he seems to be just fine.

"Tommy, Kara's here!" We heard Jack call from downstairs causing my son's eyes to light up.

"So, you and Kara -" I began, but he held his hand up.

"I don't wanna hear it, mom," He groaned and then walked out the room.

Laughing, I followed him out the room and downstairs to where Kara and her mother were waiting in the foyer.

"Hi, Miss Oliver," Kara greeted me.

"Hey, Kara," I smiled at her.

"We're gonna go up to my room now," Tommy said before he took Kara by the hand and led her upstairs.

"Just call me when you want me to come pick her up," Lindsey, Kara's mom, said to me. "She didn't want to give me a time limit."

"She's welcome to stay as long as she'd like," I told her with a smile. "Tommy and I can walk her home after dinner," I said, thinking of how convenient is was that we now lived up the street from them.

After Lindsey had left, I headed into the kitchen where I found Jack making coffee.

"Hey," I said, pushing myself up onto the island.

"Hey," He grinned at me. "How ya doing?" He asked, standing in front of me and resting his hands on my stomach.

"Good, but I'd be better if I had something sweet right now," I winked at him.

"Something sweet, huh? Well you already have me. What more do you need?" He smirked.

"Hmm, well," I began but suddenly my phone rang, cutting my sentence off.

"Nathan, talk to me brother," I answered.

"Emmiey, I need your help! Lottie's mad at me and I don't even know what I did!"

"Well what did you do?" I questioned.

"Well if I knew that then I wouldn't be calling you, now would I?"

"Alright," I laughed. "Whatever you did, I'm sure it can be rectified with a cinnabon bagel and skittles," I told him knowing how obsessed with cinnabon my sister is.

"Really? Thanks, Em. I owe you one."

"No problem," I chuckled. "But don't worry. Its probably just the hormones making her all crazy."

After goodbyes the call ended.

"Lottie sussing him out?" Jack asked with a laugh.

"Yep, and he has no idea what he did wrong," I giggled.

"The man has his work cut out for him," He laughed and then pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"So, about that something sweet..."

"Doughnut pops?" He suggested.

"This is why you're a good person," I grinned and then kissed him.

***

A few hours later the whole gang had come over just to hangout.

"What do you guys think?" Sam asked Tommy and Kara who were lying on the carpet with their Ipads in hand. "Should Trump become president?"

"Sam, they're kids. I doubt they know anything about politics," Johnson laughed.

"I don't think he should be," Kara said, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Same," Tommy agreed. "I mean, if he becomes president, anyone who isn't American will have to go back to their own countries and without them, the US population will probably go down to like twenty thousand people."

"And most engineers in the US are actually Indian. Did you guys know that? So without engineers there won't be any technology and without technology there's no Netflix," Kara piped in.

"And no Netflix means there's no chill. Is that a world you'd want to live in? Nah uh. I don't think so," Tommy finished, shaking his head.

"Imagine that," Kara sighed.

"Don't think I want to," He said, looking worried at the though and then he turned to his friend. "Speaking of Netflix, do you wanna go watch more episodes of Jimmy Neutron?" He asked her.

"Sure," She nodded as they got up.

"Call us when dinners ready," He said to me before they headed upstairs.

"Can we all just take a moment to process what two seven year olds just said," Zoëy murmured.

"I don't know if my son freaking out at the possibility of no Netflix and Chill should be worrying me or not," I said, shaking my head.

"They're kids. How do they know so much? Hell, I didn't even know that," Johnson said.

"I'm fifteen years older than them and they know more than I do," Ava sighed as she shook her head.

"They're literally upstairs...watching Netflix..." Nate raised his eyebrow.

"Babe, they're seven," Lottie said to him. "What do they know about chill?"

"I'm gonna go check on dinner," I said with a laugh as I walked into the kitchen.

A world with no Netflix and chill... Tommy's about to start second grade and that's what he's worried about?

Smh.

This was kinda short but still laugh-worthy, I think. All the things that Tommy and Kara said I Read on a Facebook picture post and though it was hilarious bc a third grader said all of it.

Hope you liked this tho' x