Chapter 17

I raise my hand to knock on the guys' hotel room just as Liam swings the door open with a goofy grin on his face. "Morning, love." He ushers me in the room.

"Hi, Liam." I stop short at the sight of suitcases covering the two queen sized beds. Zayn and Harry are bustling around the room, tossing clothes in them. "What's going on?"

Zayn's head snaps up, his eyes filled with pain. "We're leaving."

"W-What?" My voice cracks when I speak.

They are leaving me already? Has it really been a week already? When will I ever see them again? They can't do this to me. I've actually been enjoying hanging out with all of them. Louis and I are taking things slow like we agreed. They can't leave me now.

Zayn drops the clothes in his hands, and wraps his arms around my torso. "I'm so sorry. We have to go back to London for some interviews. Our management finally managed to get us three weeks off to spend with our families."

"Oh. That's good then." I fake a smile. "I'm happy for you guys." I will not cry in front of them. I refuse to.

"We can Skype and text." Harry suggests from the other side of the room. "We won't forget about you."

That just makes me feel like you will forget about me even more. No one ever says "we won't forget about you" unless they will forget about you. Soon enough, I will just become a small moment in their memory. They won't even remember my name.

"I should probably go." I move for the door. "I'll miss you guys." I open the door.

"Is this really how you are going to say goodbye to us?" Zayn takes a step forward, hurt sketched on his face. "What about Louis?"

"It's easier this way. Bye." I spin on my heel, rushing out of the room.

Once I reach the lobby of the hotel, I sprint out of the doors and into the slightly crowded parking lot. I should have never started to trust them. They are One Directon for crying out loud. They will never be able to stay in one place forever. Their fans and management will have them moving from a new place to a new place in less than a week. Why would Orlando be any different?

Once I unlock my car, I start it up when I climb in. I drip the black steering wheel in my hands tightly. I was right. Everyone you ever care about eventually leaves you, and this just proves that I'm right. My mom will one day leave me, and now the guys are. I allowed myself to get close to them, this is my punishment for that.

The drive home takes about ten minutes, and before I know it, I'm curled up on my bed with a massive bowl of ice cream on my lap. I shove another spoonful of mint chocolate ice cream in my mouth when Hermione punches Malfoy on the my tv screen. This is what I do when I'm upset. I eat a whole gallon of ice cream while I have a Harry Potter marathon. I decided I would start on the third movie this time. Someone knocks on my door, and I ignore it completely. I don't want to deal with anyone today.

"It's fine. I do this all the time." Zayn's voice drifts in my room. My eyes narrow on the screen. I forgot to lock my door again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not bothering to tear my gaze away from the movie.

"We're here to cheer you up." Niall holds up two plastic bags filled with different items.

I scoop some more ice cream up. "Well, I don't need cheering up, so you can go." I turn to glare at the five of them.

Louis's face softens even more at my puffy eyes. "Give us a minute?" He motions for the guys to leave. They must have noticed the tension in the room because they leave without a word. "How much do you hate me?"