Chapter 10

Arabelle

So I've worked out two things in the last five minutes. One, I like like Brett Talbot, shit. Two, I didn't go to the bathroom before. I don't know which one is more scary. Rain was still pouring on the two of us as we ran to the clinic. In case you didn't know, it is possible to shiver and run at the same time. Brett stops running leaving me confused. I slow down and turn to look at him. He wasn't out of breath, he was breathing normally. Why on earth has he stopped running?

"What's wrong?" I ask him. Brett turns to look at me.

"Belle, I think I really like you," my heart stops. "Like I think I really really like you and it scares me because I've never really cared for someone so much besides Lori and we are all getting shot at and I just don't want you to get hurt because if you get hurt, I-I don't think I'll ever be able to recover!" Brett shouts as if he is angry. He squats down with his head in his hands. How am I suppose to react to this? A boy is angry because he likes me. I haven't ever had a guy like more nor get angry because he likes me!

"Well I think I really like you to if it makes you feel better." Brett looks up with a shocked look on his face. "Like I think I really really like you," I giggle copying Brett's words. I bend down in front of him with my hands on his cheeks. He looks so vulnerable. As if someone could blow him over with a simple breath. Did I do this to him? Slowly I bring my lips to his for the second time. It's just like the movies. Rain falling onto us, everything going into slow motion and fireworks going off in my stomach. We pull back smiling like mad men at each other.

"We better get going," Brett stands up and puts out a hand for me to take. I gladly accept it and he helps me up. Just like that, it is almost as if we didn't kiss and confess our feelings to each other. Instead of carrying on chatting now we have to continue on running away from murderers. It's messed up for a bunch of teenagers having to run away from hundreds of people looking to kill them for money. Especially when you're worth the most money.

-

"Belle! What on earth were you thinking?" Michelle shouts at me. I was sitting on the metal table while she was pacing around the room. She looks angry. Real angry. I think I can see a vein popping out of her head. "You could of hurt someone!"

"But I didn't," as soon as those words left my lips Michelle turned to look at me and she looks even more furious than before.

"Is this a big joke to you? You could have killed someone Arabelle!" Michelle slams her hands on the part of the table next to me. "An innocent person Arabelle, someone who doesn't want to kill you!"

"I know I could have! But what would you have done if you could hear two people screaming out for help? Would you just let them die?" I understand I could have hurt someone, I know. However if she was in my position she would have done the exact same thing! "You haven't been in my life for years okay! So don't tell me what to do!" We were now standing inches away from each other. Anger is radiating off of us.

"Guys calm down okay, no one got hurt so just back off of each other," Scott raises his voice and comes in between us. Both of us tear our stares off of each other and walk away. I know I should give her a second chance but I can't. She practically left me for dead! If she was in my shoes she'd feel the same.

"You two need to sit down and have a long talk about this because whatever this is going on between you two is going to get you killed!" This time it was Malia raising her voice. "So Michelle you sit in that chair and Belle sit on that table and we'll all wait here until you two figure this out!" Malia can't be serious, can she? She better not be. There is no way in hell that this is going to work. Michelle sits down in the chair, crossing her arms and giving me a judgmental stare.

"Fine." I take my place on the cold metal table.

"I'll start off," Michelle says. "Will you ever forgive me?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Give me a proper answer."

"No."

That's how it starts off. Everyone is now glaring at me but I can't help it. I physically can't bring myself to talk to her about this.

"Fine, you want to know why I won't ever be able to forgive you? I could have died. I have come so close to dying because of Mum and Dad and you left me. You left me to die. How could you do this to me!" I shout at her angrily finally opening up to her. Everyone is taken back. I am a little to.

"I was changing-"

"Don't give me that 'I was changing' crap! You could of sent me a letter, taken me with you!" Anger is pouring out of my mouth like a waterfall now. "But you didn't. So do you actually really care about me? Are you really family? Do you even love me!" 

"Of course we are family, we both have the same asshole parents-"

"But do you? They can hardly even remember you because you just left! And when you did they took out their anger from you onto me!" No words will ever be able to fix the pain that she gave me. For years I cried myself to sleep, my dream was to wake up and this was all a big dream but the worst of all was that I wished that Dad would hit me that little bit harder and take my life.

"Belle I'm sorry." That's all she can say.

"Is that all you can say? Sorry? Is that going to fix the scars on my body? The words that replay in my head?" This is pointless. I get up and walk over to Michelle. "Nothing you will ever say will ever make me forgive you, I don't need you anymore and you clearly don't need me." Just like that I walk out of the clinic and towards Stiles's house. 

Life would be so much more easy if she just never came back. I don't need her. I've gone without her before, I can do it again. She can go back to her new family and I'll stay here with mine.

-

"Belle." I look over to the door and see Stiles standing there. "We need to talk." He walks over to my bed and lays down next to me.

"I don't want to talk."

"I don't care okay, Belle you need to suck it up and forgive Michelle," he has got to be kidding me.

"Why is it okay for Derek to hate Peter but it's wrong for me? She left me. I could have died. You weren't there for the words that were spat at me, the beer bottles thrown at me and not to mention the hits and kicks I received, so don't you dare tell me to suck it up Stiles!" My voice raises and I stand up. Michelle always had a bit of evil in her. She took the assaults the she was given and moved on. However if we were walking down the street and a child fell over she wouldn't help the child up. She'd stand there and laugh, point and call out terrible words.

It got so bad that she pushed a child over. She physically walked over to a six year old girl who was standing in line for ice-cream and pushed her over. It was horrifying. What's worse is that she wouldn't help my brother and I when we were being shouted at. She let him die when she could have done something.

"Michelle is a good person Belle!" Stiles shouts sitting up and dropping his head into his hands. He is just as frustrated with me as I am with him. 

"How would any of us know? She's been gone for years!" How can everyone just let her come back so easily? Who knows what has happened to her while she's been gone. We are all currently being aimed at to die, she could be one as well?

"Don't be like that Belle! She is your sister! You should know her better than anyone else!" 

"You're right Stiles. I should know her better than anyone else." My voice drops from it's previous high. "But what scares me is I don't. I don't now anything about her. I don't know her."