CHAPTER 02

THAT NIGHT, Buffy and Elizabeth were planning on going to The Bronze, where all the teenagers hang out in Sunnydale. Lizzy wore a black tight dress that went just above her knees with a denim jacket, and Buffy wore tight jeans and a tank top withboots. 

Lizzy didn't feel like going out, but Buffy forced her to. She knew her slightly younger sister was still mourning the loss of Pike, but Lizzy still had her whole life ahead of her. She didn't need to be held back. She needed to get back out there.

Buffy needed this too. She wanted to be a normal teenager again and not have to worry about the fanged freaks that kept her from doing mundane things like partying.

When the two sisters were about halfway there, Elizabeth froze. The hair on the back of her neck stood up, someone was following them. Buffy stopped, "Lizzy?"

"Buf, I left my wallet at home." Lizzy replied, looking through her purse, "You go on, I'll see you there."

"You sure?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at her sister. Buffy hoped this wasn't an excuse to not go out and just be a teenager.

"I got my stake. Don't worry." Elizabeth smiled before turning around and walking back. She went into an alley and hid against a wall, waiting for the stalker. She took her stake out and hid it behind her back. "Can I help you?" She asked as she saw a figure walk into the alley.

"I know what you're thinkin', but don't worry. I don't bite." The man said, his hands raised.

"What do you want?" Elizabeth asked.

"The same thing that you want." The man replied, stepping into the light.

Lizzy had to admit, he was handsome. He had nice cheekbones and a bad-boy vibe to him with his dark, spiked hair and dark clothes, similar to Pike, yet the opposite, "Okay, what do I want?" She asked, crossing her arms, stake still in her hands,

"To kill them all." He answered.

"Sorry, wrong answer. What I really want is for you to stop following me." Elizabeth replied before walking past him and the man grabbed her arm.

"Don't turn your back. The mouth of hell is about to open. Be ready." He whispered in her ear, causing shivers to go down Lizzy's spine.

"Be ready for what?" She asked.

"The harvest."

"Who are you?" Elizabeth questioned.

"A friend." He answered.