CHAPTER 14

THE NEXT MORNING, Lizzy told her sister about what Angel informed her the night before and the two met up with Willow at Lizzy's locker. "Angel stopped by? Wow. Was there... Well, I mean, was it having to do with kissing?" Willow asked and Elizabeth gave her a look,

"Willow, grow up. Not everything is about kissing."

 "Yeah. Some stuff's about groping." Xander joked and the blonde rolled her eyes, 

"Okay, hormones on parade here? It was pure shoptalk. Remember vampires, pointy teeth, they walk by night, am I ringing a bell?" Lizzy replied,

"What did he say?"

"Oh, something's up." She closed her locker, "Nothing that Buffy can't handle. Look, I gotta go to class."

She went through the day without another incident and went to the Bronze with Willow, Xander, and Buffy. Lizzy found Angel standing by the bar and when they made eye contact, he walked up to her, "Hi."

"Hi." She smiled, "So, is there danger at the Bronze? Should I beware?"

Angel gave Lizzy a small smirk, "I was gonna ask if you wanted to dance."

Nodding, he took Elizabeth's hand and lead her towards the dance floor. A slow song came on and Lizzy wrapped her arms around his neck while Angel placed his hands on her hips.

This was the side of Angel that Elizabeth liked. He was gentle and caring and didn't mention anything of vampires. No business, all pleasure.

The song ended way too soon and Lizzy went back to join her friends. She noticed that her sister was gone and when Lizzy asked where she went, the other two said she left. Letting out a sigh, Lizzy grabbed her jacket and left to go confront her, "Buffy!" Elizabeth called out, walking through the park.

Elizabeth figured that her sister would be slaying something to let out that anger of hers. The blonde went over to the Master's grave and gasped when she saw it empty. A hand wrapped around Lizzy's mouth and she was dragged away. She tried fighting whoever grabbed her, but more hands entered the party and she couldn't get away as they ripped Lizzy's necklace off with a hiss of pain.

As Elizabeth was thrown into a dark room, she scraped up her knees. The blonde glared up at the figures that kidnapped her and was about to lunge at them before she heard a voice, "Lizzy?"

Lizzy turned around and saw Cordelia sitting next to an unconscious Ms. Calendar. "What's going on?" She asked,

"I have no idea."

EVERYTHING WENT dark until Lizzy felt someone's arms around her, "Angel." she moaned when she opened her hazel eyes to see him,

"Morning, sunshine." He smirked.

"Where are we?" Lizzy asked before she saw something move behind him, "Angel, look out!"

Angel put his 'game face', as Elizabeth liked to call it, on before attacking the vampire. They both fell through the floor and she crawled over to the others to wake them up. Once Lizzy saw them all moving, she looked over the edge and saw Buffy fighting a vampire below, "Where's Buffy?" Lizzy heard Giles ask from behind her,

She looked back at him before looking at Buffy, "Uh, she's working out her issues." Buffy kicked the vampire  away before the other one shows up... with a sledgehammer,

"Enough!" He yelled and the long-haired vampire gets back up, "Your day is done, girl. I'll grind you into a sticky paste, and hear you beg before I smash in your face."

 "So, are you gonna kill me or are we just making small talk?" Buffy asked before he attacked. 

The other vampire rushes at her from the other side. Buffy calmly looked at the tall wooden torch post in front of her, broke it off and turned it a few times in her hands. The vampire impaled himself on the broken end and crumbles into ash. And the dark-skinned one ran into the burning end and is set himself ablaze. 

He backed up and screamed as the flames spread over him. He made a last desperate attempt to get Buffy and raised the sledgehammer over his head, but it was too late as the flames engulf him and instantly burned him up. 

Elizabeth winced as the sledgehammer fell to the floor with a loud clang. Buffy dropped the post and looked over at the Master's skeleton.

"It's over." Lizzy heard Willow say,

"No, it's not." She replied,

Buffy bent down and picked up the sledgehammer. She slowly walked over to the Master's skeleton and looked at it a moment. Then she swung the hammer back behind her and arcs it directly into the Master's skull, shattering it to pieces. She keeps whaling on the Master's skeleton as we all look down from above. 

Angel came up behind Elizabeth and watched Buffy continue until there's nothing left on the table. She stopped and burst into tears, dropping the sledgehammer to the floor.

Lizzy went down the steps and wrapped her arms around her sister, stroking her hair as she cried into her sister's shoulder.