CHAPTER 03

ONE WEEK LATER, there was a witch/cheerleader incident. After the events, the Scooby gang decided to go to the Bronze. Elizabeth was dancing with Buffy and Willow when she spotted Angel standing by the door, watching them. "Well, look who's here." Lizzy smiled as she walked up to him.

"Hi."

"It's nice to see you again."

"I won't be long." Angel replied.

Elizabeth wrapped her arms around herself, "You never are."

"You're cold." He stated before taking off his leather jacket and wrapping it around her shoulders.

"It's a little big on me." Lizzy commented before she saw long cuts on his arm, "What happened?" She asked, reaching out to run her fingers gently over the cuts,

"I didn't pay attention." His response was and Lizzy rolled her eyes,

"To somebody with a big fork?"

"He's coming." Angel said, ignoring the blonde's comment.

Lizzy raised her eyebrows, "The fork guy?"

"Don't let him corner you or your sister. Don't give him a moment's mercy. He'll rip your throat out." He replied, "Make sure to tell your sister that."

"Why can't you tell her yourself?" Lizzy asked him,

"You're the nicer sister." He smirked before leaving.

THE NEXT DAY, Lizzy told Buffy what Angel had told her the night before and Buffy went to tell Giles while Elizabeth went to Biology.

That morning, Dr. Gregory was gone, so they had this substitute teacher that all the boys drooled over. She wanted to make some model eggs sacs from a praying mantis and all the boys in the class offered to help.