CHAPTER 06

"WOULD YOUR SISTER KICK MY ASS IF I ASKED YOU TO DANCE?"

 Elizabeth turned and smiled when she saw Pike wearing a fancy suit with his hair combed back,

"Depends," Lizzy replied as he walked her over to the dance floor, "Are you going to step all over my feet?"

"No promises." Pike smiled as he spun her around before placing his hands on her waist,

Liz turned her head and spotted Jake making out with Kimberly and she realized that she dodged a bullet. Jake wasn't someone she wanted to be with. But Pike, he was different. She didn't have to pretend around him.

The blonde turned back to Pike and wrapped her arms around his neck before pulling herself up and kissing him.

That's when the screams started. Lizzy turned around and came face to face with Angel, his fangs on show and he chuckled, "Hello, little girl."

Elizabeth gasped and opened her eyes. She sat up and hugged her pillow to her chest, thinking about Pike and Angel. There was a knock on her door and she flinched, "Lizzy?"

"Did I wake you up?" Lizzy asked her older sister,

"Yeah." Buffy answered as she sat next to her sister on the bed.

"Sorry." She apologized, running her hand through her hair and looking out the window that Angel jumped out of only hours ago,

"It's okay." Buffy replied, "Are you gonna tell me what really happened tonight?"

"I don't even know if what I saw is..."

"Just tell me what you saw." Buffy urged, putting her hand on Elizabeth's.

"Angel." Lizzy began, tears filling her eyes, "He's..."

"Angel's what, sweetie?"

"Vampire." She whispered.

The next morning, Elizabeth didn't go to school. She couldn't. She slept all day and thought of Angel and Pike. A vampire killed her sort-of-boyfriend. They're evil. Demons. 

And she kissed one. Hell, she has feelings for one.

But... he seemed different from other vampires. Angel protected her when she needed it, gave her information, warned her of vampires and other things coming to town.

Maybe he was different from the others.

After school, Buffy went into her sister's room to tell her about Angel. Apparently, she and Giles did some research on him. He's been around for a long time. 240 years. And about 80 years ago he came to America and stayed away from the other vampires. He was alone. But before that, he was like all the other bloodsuckers. He's killed before.