CHAPTER 22

BUFFY RAN FORWARD, grabbing a chair and threw it at Spike, which tripped him up. The Summers girls ran back out of the room and Buffy grabbed her mother's hand. They turned down the hall to the right, but more vampires came in that way, so they went the other way. 

"Everybody, this way! C'mon! C'mon!" Lizzy yelled, pushing the others in front of her while Buffy shoved a cleaning cart into the two vampires chasing them. 

They were outside the library when Giles, Miss Calendar, and Xander came running out, "What the hell...?!"

"Spike and an army!" Lizzy yelled, "Look out!" Behind them was a vampire and Lizzy ran forward and kicked it back. Giles helped Jenny back inside the library and Xander grabbed Lizzy as more vampires turned around the corner, 

"C'mon!" He yelled, dragging her into the library,

"No, Buffy!" Lizzy wanted to go to her sister but Giles came back to bring Lizzy inside.

Giles, Miss Calendar, Lizzy, and Xander started barricading the door with chairs and tables when suddenly,  the lights turned off and the emergency lights came on. Giles went over and tried the phone, "They've cut the phones." He told them before sitting up straighter, "Wait a minute. There's an old boarded up-cellar behind the stacks. You can get out that way." Giles turned to Lizzy, "Find Angel. He knows about Spike. We need him."

Lizzy shook her head, "No, I'm not going anywhere until I know that Buffy, my mother, and Willow are alright."

"No one will be alright unless we get some help!" Giles told her,

Lizzy stood there for a moment, looking over at Xander before nodding. Giles led her to the cellar and helped her out, "Buffy will be fine, Lizzy."

"I know she will." Lizzy replied before leaving. 

The blonde quickly ran towards Angel's apartment and banged on his door, "Angel? Angel?! I need your help!"

The door opened and Lizzy rushed inside, "We need to go, now."

"Woah, woah," Angel placed his hands on her shoulders, "Slow down. What's happening?"

"Spike. He's at the school. Angel... my mom's there." Tears filled her eyes, "He's got half a dozen vampires there, maybe more. But there are civilians and..." Lizzy hesitated, "Look, we don't have time for this. Let's go!"

The two made their way to the school. They were just outside when they spotted a dead body in the grass, "You know a lot about this Spike guy," Lizzy swallowed nervously "So, um... you got a plan?"

Angel turned to her, "I do. But you need to trust me."

She nodded, "Of course I do."

He reached for her throat and gripped it gently. Lizzy looked back up at him and noticed the change in bone structure and his eyes now glowed yellow, "I won't let them hurt you."