Break Every Chain

Prologue:

“Mommy, why didn’t London come to my birthday party?” I cried.

Pulling me onto her lap, she rubs my back and tells me that he had to go with his parents on a business trip and that he’ll be back soon.

Knowing that I will see him again, I become happy. Mommy sets me on my feet and laughs as she watches me runs around and act a fool.

Walking into the kitchen, I open the fridge and grab a handful of cake and put it on a plate. As I shut the door to the fridge, I grab the plate and try to sneak up the stairs to my room.

“Lucy? What’s in your hand?” Mommy asked.

“Oh no, she caught me!” I mumbled to myself.

I hear her walking towards me so I threw the plate into the plant pot at the end of the stairs, hoping she won’t notice.

“Lucy? What was that?”

“What was what mommy?”

“I saw you throw something in my plant,” she said. She sounded mad, but her face looked like she wanted to laugh.

“Well if it’s nothing, then what’s that stuff on your hand?”

I tried to hide my hand, but mommy beat me to it and pulled my hand up to her face.

“Lucy, why do you have cake on your hands? You had two pieces at your party today.” She giggled.

“Ohhhhkay,” I sighed. “You caught me.”

Laughing at me she tells me to go on.

“IwantedtosaveapieceforLondonbeforewetaketheresttochurchtogivetosomekidsafterchurch.” I rushed out.

“Oh sweetheart, that was very nice of you. Now go wash your hands so you can help me set the dinner on the table. Daddy went into town when you took your nap after the party and he’s bringing you another gift, ok? Now go wash your hands.”

“Yay! Another present!” I run upstairs to wash my hands and hurrying back down into the kitchen to help mommy.

After we finished putting down the food, mommy started to put down extra plates.

“Who’s coming to dinner mommy?”

“It’s a part of your gift so just be patient,” she said laughing softly.

Just as she said that, I heard the front door opening.

“Daddy!” I said running towards him and jumping in his arms.

“Hey birthday girl! I brought you your final present.”

He set me down on the ground and moved out of my way so I can see what’s behind him.

“London!!” I ran over to my favorite boy in the world.

Giggling, he pulled me into a bear hug.

“Happy Birthday Lucy!” he said giving me a folded piece of paper. “I hope you like it.”

But before I could open it, Daddy told us to come inside along with London’s parents.

At the table London sat on my left and daddy on my right at the head of the table.

After saying grace our parents started talking. London’s dad thanked us for watching their house while they were away.

“Well, that’s what neighbors are for!” Mommy said, making everyone laugh.

As I finished the last of my chicken nuggets, London whispers, “Hey lets go to your room and you can read my card!” Saying goodnight to our parents, we hop up and run to my room and crawl on the bed.

Opening the card, I saw two people. A yellow boy and a brown girl holding hands. There was a huge red heart in between the people and a house in the background.

“You see? That’s you and me. And that’s the house we’re gonna get when we get married. I hope you like it. I love you.”

“It’s so pretty! Thank you London! I love you too!” I say jumping into his lap.

We decided on watching spongebob until we feel asleep. We got under the covers and hugged each other very tightly like married people do.

“I’ll never let you go Luce,” was the last thing I heard before I feel asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sweetheart, wake up. It’s time for London to go home,” Daddy said.

Opening my eyes, I see mommy, daddy, and Mr. and Mrs. Balfour smiling at us.

“No! He can’t leave me!”

Looking behind me, I see London waking up.

“No! I don’t wanna leave! Mom! Dad! No! I’m gonna marry her and until I’m old enough, I’ll never leave her side.” He said hugging me.

Laying back down with London I tell them to go away.

“Leave us alone, he’s my husband and we’re trying to sleep.”

“Well I guess we have no choice, now do we?” London’s mom asked. “Is it alright if London spent the night tonight?”

“Of course! You know he’s always welcome,” Mommy said. “After all, he’s our future son-in-law.”

“Goodnight children!” Daddy said before turning off the light and shutting the door.

“They’re gone finally!” London said, making me laugh.

“I’m glad you came London. You made my birthday amazing!”

“Me too, Luce. Me too. Now go to sleep so I can hold my wife!”

 Falling asleep, I dreamt of the picture that my best friend drew for me.

Hi! This story has been bugging me! Lol, I had to start it!

Give me input please, let me know what you think!

Seeya later!