Chapter 3

“I…I…oh my God.” I stuttered. Trying to put some distance in between us but instead, he pulled me back into his chest.

“Lucy baby, oh Lucy, you have no idea how much I have missed you! I’m so glad that fate decided to bring us back together again.”

He’s deep voice. Oh my my my. He was a little cutie pie as a boy but now? HOT DAMN! I was so mesmerized by his beauty and voice that I didn’t hear a thing he said.

“Baby? Are you in there?” he joked. “Now that I’m back you’ll never leave my side. It’ll be just like old times.”

Old times? It’ll never be like old times! Once the school gets a glimpse of him, the popular crowd would tear him away from me and I’ll just be cast aside like trash.

Hardening my resolve, I knew what I had to do.

“Get away from me London.”

Pushing him away, I saw the transformation of his face go from joy to complete utter horror.

“Wha..what are you talking about Luce? Baby, it’s me.” He pleaded.

“I know who you are that’s why I’m telling you to stay away from me! Not only did you leave me, but you stopped with the calls and letters! I literally lost my best friend and there’s nothing that you can say or do that will change it! Let’s be real, we are sooooo different! I mean look at you then look at me. You can tell that we don’t belong in the same social circle. So do us both a favor and stay away from me.” And on that note, the bell rang at the perfect moment.

Turning away from him, I went into Mr. Chandler’s classroom and took a seat next to Nessa who was sitting in the back.

Fuming from all of the anger and hurt that had just resurfaced, I didn’t notice a foot placed in the aisle intentionally.

My knees buckled but I was determined not to fall on my face in front of the class. To keep from falling, I reached out with my left hand for leverage and grabbed onto the nearest desk.

“Ow you bitch! What is wrong with you? Grabbing onto my hair like that! Maybe if you watched where you’re going then shit like this wouldn’t happen. But who am I kidding, Tubby’s so fat, she can’t even see her feet.” With that the whole class burst into laughter.

Wincing at that comment and the class’ reaction, I slowly stood up with my head down. So it begins.

“That’s enough class! Now settle down.” Mr. Chandler’s voice rang within my ears.

As I got closer to my desk, I look up to see Vanessa’s face filled with pity. Looking at her, I automatically know what she’s thinking. She’s probably thinking of ways to cheer me up by making crazy plans to kill those students.

I love her antics, I truly do. But even that couldn’t ease the sting in my heart.

Finally getting to my seat, I didn’t look up for at least 5 minutes; Mr. Chandler started roll call.

Zachary Alfonse “Here.”

Vanessa Analese “Here,” she said as she grabbed onto my left hand in reassurance.

Lucille Ballantine “Here,” I respond in a meek voice.

London Bellerose “Here,” a masculine voice said extremely close to me.

You have got to be kidding me.

Praying that this isn’t real, I look up to my right and see London sitting in the desk next to me.

We made eye contact during roll call. His eyes were full of intense emotions. Anger, shock, betrayal, sadness, pity, and love?

Pulling away from his gaze, I sit back and wonder what this year is going to bring.

HI!

I’m sorry for the short chapter but I have homework I need to do and I have an 8:30 class, ugh! Lol tell me what you think! Picture of my boo London on the side haha. Goodnight!