Chapter Twenty-Six: Can You Two Fatty's Get Off Of Me?

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Ryder's gaze snapped to where he saw his little brother. He pushed Perry away from him and charged at Trey. I saw Perry fall on her plastic butt, letting out a million cusswords. If it had been another day or moment I would've laughed but right now I moved my gaze back to the two Woods boys. I looked just in time to see Ryder tackle Trey out of the way, the car speeding off leaving everyone in the dust. I heard grunts and groans as the guys tumbled down the hill on the other side. I quickly scrambled across the road and down the slope after them, tripped over a log that stood out in the middle of my path. My legs buckled and I rolled down the rocky hill following their suit. We landed in a heap at the bottom.

"Trey?" I called. Please be okay, I begged.

"Can you two fatty's get off of me, I'm only eight," I heard his snappy remark. Ryder and I laughed, getting off of him.

"We're not fat...you're just small," Ryder joked. I saw the corners of Trey's lips pull up into a small smile as he sat up, shaking off the dust. I noticed a couple of spots on his arms and legs where he was bleeding. I took his arm and examined it.

"I got caught up in some thorn bushes..." Trey mumbled. I brushed the hair out of his face and smiled, "I'm just glad you're okay." And with that, I pulled him into a hug. He surprised me when he hugged me back. "Thanks for saving me."

"It was all Ryder," I told him. He stepped back, with a confused and thoughtful expression before snapping, "You owe me sunglasses." I then realized his pair of sunglasses had cracks in them. Ryder and I laughed and I saw Ryder nod his head, "Deal."

***

"Home sweet home!" Kameryn cheered, falling to the ground and kissing it. "I missed you so much."

"Air conditioning!" the triplets yelled, pumping their fist and doing a little sloppy dance.

"I missed you cupid statue," I heard Jenson from outside. I glanced out the door to see him hop into the fountain and hug the sculpture. He's so weird, I laughed out loud as Ray and Jay jumped on it with him.

I felt someone's eyes on me and turned to see Barrett staring at me. The minute our eyes met, he turned and bounded away. I'll probably end up forgiving him soon...It wasn't really his fault that the devil child had a toss at me. Maybe devil child isn't such a jerk after all...Stop Aria! What are you thinking? Of course he's a jerk, I thought.

I ran up to the stairs taking two at a time, rushing toward the elevator. I need a shower to clear my thoughts...

"Aria!"

I came to a halt as I saw Tyson coming my way. "Could you help me?" he asked, once he had gotten to me. Help?

"With what?" I asked, giving him a confused expression.

"With a self portrait."

"Oh, I'm not that good with art-"

"No, I need someone to model for me while I paint them...and I was wondering if you could," he explained.

I smiled, "I'd love to, Tyson.. I'll meet you in your room in an hour."

He nodded his head and gave me a cheeky grin, "Thanks Aria." He turned and scampered down the hallway. The elevator dinged and soon after, the doors opened revealing a breath taking view. Ryder stood there, with a buttoned down white shirt, the sleeves rolled up, his dark jeans hung loosely along his hips. His black hair was styled in a I-Just-Had-Sex kind of way. I saw his smirk and glanced away quickly, hurrying into the elevator.

"Knew it," he chuckled, exiting the elevator and strutting down the corridor.

"Fuck you," I mumbled, rolling my eyes, and pressing my back against the wall, closing my eyes. Why is life so hard?

***

After my stress relieving shower, I threw on a pair of lime green Nike shorts and a white tank top. I slipped on a pair of flip flops and evacuated my room, making my way to the elevator. I heard faint music and slowed down, coming to a stop in front of Jenson's room. I glanced around before pushing open the door and walking inside.

"You look in my eyes and I get emotional inside, I know it's crazy but you can still touch my heart...And after all this time you think that I wouldn't feel the same," I heard him sing. I climbed the steps, heading toward his music room. "But time melts into nothing and nothing's changed...I still believe that someday you and me will find ourselves in love again."

I recognized the song as "I Still Believe" by Mariah Carey. His soft singing continued, "I had a dream, someday you and me, will find ourselves in love again." I walked into his room and breathed out, "Wow," he stopped singing, his hands freezing on the piano keys. His blue eyes snapped up to mind and he let out a sigh, "God, you have got to stop doing that!"

I laughed and gazed at him. The only piece of clothing he had on was white gym shorts. He flipped the sheet of music that was laid out on the piano and groaned, "I need a partner."

"What about Kam?"

"It's a duet...I am not gay," he growled, glaring at me. I burst out laughing and he soon joined me.

"I'll help," I offered.

"Do you even know the song?" he asked, giving me an uncertain glance.

"Yes as a matter of fact, I do," I told him.

"Then please," he smirked, "Enlighten me." I took a seat next to him on the stool that stood in front of the expensive piano. His fingers moved against the keys in a rhythmic speed. The soft melody feeling my ears.

He began, "I still believe that someday you and me..."

I joined in and together we sang, "...will find ourselves in love again..."

I went solo, "I had a dream..."

He softly sang, "You and me will find ourselves in love again..."

Our voices mingled together as we sang, "I still believe that someday you and me...I had a dream, someday you and me, will find ourselves in love again..."

His hands stopped and he smiled at me, "You're amazing...but can you sing that in front of the whole school?"

"Whole school?" I gasped.

"Well yeah..."

"I don't know..."

"Just think about it...I don't think I'll be able to find a girl with that good of a voice...to sing with anyway," he told me, closing his song book.

"I'll think about it."

"I'll take that as a yes," he smirked.

"You'll take that as a maybe."

"A maybe which equals yes," he pleaded.

"Just be patient."

"New Jersey, I ain't patient, Hun," he pointed out.

"Learn to be," I laughed, walking out of his room. Now model time...