Chapter Six

I was leaning up against the van and I could hear foot step’s coming up from behind the other side. I looked up to see it was Maxx, why he was coming up to stand directly in front of me; I knew I’d find out only seconds later. Due to the fact that the guys I’ve befriended having no boundaries, since we all sleep together in one van for months. I raised my brow at him as he held up his phone, so I can read what was on the screen. I stood confused; I couldn’t really understand what I was reading.

        “What’s this?” I asked.

        He sighed, “You can read, can’t you?”

        “Shut up, I can read. I mean, why are you showing me?” I asked.

        “Aren’t Gabby and Rachael together?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders, “So?”

        “Are you trying to say she posted that about Gabby?” I asked and he nodded, “You want me to text Gabby, don’t you?”

        He laughed, “Could you?”

        “Sure.” I replied, “You know she is you’re sister, I’m just the boyfriend. I’m not going to do everything for you.”

        “Yeah you will.” He said, as he walked away.

        I slowly pulled my phone from my pocket and looked on twitter to see if that tweet Maxx had showed me actually existed and of course there it was. “That moment you feel unimportant, and no one notices.” I could tell something more was going on, so I knew I’d have to text Gabby.

        “Is something going on between you and Rachael?” I typed out and sat waiting.

        I pushed myself off the van and walked around to see Dan and Maxx sitting at a picnic table. I walked over to them and sat down. They looked up from their phone and stared at me. I started to wipe at my face which only made them laugh. So I guess there wasn’t anything on my face, not like they’d really tell me anyways.

        “What?” I asked.

        Dan laughed harder, “There isn’t anything on your face.”

        “Then why are you starting at me?” I asked as my phone went off, “No, why?”

        “Gabby?” Maxx asked as I shook my head in response. “Rachael’s pretty upset.”

        “Didn’t you read her latest tweet?” I sent her, I knew she probably wouldn’t reply back, since she’d end up talking to Rachael so I stood back up, “You guys hungry?”

        Austin jumped out of the van, “Very.”

        “So out of the five of you, only Austin is hungry?” I asked.

        “We all are, dummy.” Andrew pointed out.

        We all jumped back into the van and tried to find somewhere to eat. I noticed a Steak and Shake and pointed to it. They guys all laughed at my excitement over a restaurant. I punched Dan for reenacting what I did. When we pulled in, I was the first out of the van.

        “Dude, you like a fat kid at a candy store.” Maxx said.

        I laughed, “I’m hungry.”

        “I’m sure that’s all it is.” Dan added.

        “Fight me.” I said.