Chapter Seven

It had been days since Rachael had last spoken to me; I was beginning to worry on whether or not she’d ever talk to me, again. Cody kept reassuring me that she would when she was ready, but I wasn’t convinced. I rolled over in my bed and Cody smiled at me. I pressed my lips to his; I was extremely happy to have him home. But I was also missing my best friend. I rested my head down on his chest, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

        “What’s wrong?” he asked.

        I sighed, “Worried about Rachael.”

        “Still?” he said, “I’ve told you, she’ll talk to you when she’s ready.”

        “I know I just miss her is all.” I replied.

He tucked his hand under my chin and made me look up at him, “She’ll talk to when she’s ready.”

        I just smiled at him and then he pressed his lips to mine. I melted into his touch; I missed his kisses, his hugs, and I really missed his hands. I missed everything about him so much. I didn’t want to ever let him go again, but I knew it was only a matter of time before another tour would begin and he’d have to leave again.

        I quickly pushed the thought out of my mind so I wouldn’t get upset about it. I pulled my lips from his and started to get out of bed. But instead, Cody thought it would be a great idea for him to push me over and lay on top of me. I started to laugh just as he decided it would be a good idea for him to put his full weight on me.

        “Dying.” I choked out, “Can’t breathe.”

        He laughed, “Yes you can or you wouldn’t be talking.”

        “Get off.” I said as I punched him in the back, “I’ll fight you.”

        He jumped up off the bed, “Bring it.”

        “It’s on.” I said as I tackled him to the ground, “You will lose.”

        “No, I won’t!” he yelled out.

        He flipped me up over his body and pinned me down on the floor. I smiled as he raised his brow confused. I twisted myself out from under him and quickly wrapped my legs around his neck and flipped us over. Once I was on top of him, he smiled.

        “I like this view of you.” He said jokingly.

        I punched him, “That’s not going to happen for a while.”

        “Aw, come on.” He said, all cute with puppy dog eyes.

        “The puppy dog eyes still won’t get me to sleep with you.” I said as I got up.

        He laughed, “It was worth a try, right?”

        Once I was standing up I lightly kicked him in the side and then ran off to my bathroom. He was still slowly getting up off the floor by the time he chased after me. But he was at the door before I could completely close it. I started to laugh as I tried to close the door. Only he had stopped it before I could even latch it. I let go of the door and ran to the shower as quickly as I possible so I could get into it and close the door. I slammed it shut and held it as tightly as I could, but Cody managed pry it open.

        “You can’t get rid of me that easily.” He said as he laughed.

        I smiled, “But there is still something I can do that you’re not expecting.”