Chapter 9

Bailey's POV

As I sit in bed watching Real House Wives, I start hearing noises downstairs. I slow get up to check it out since I was the only one at home. I slow walk down the stairs and slowly turn around the corner into the kitchen.

"Colson? Isaac?" I look around the kitchen and head into the dining room. I slow turn each corner. I run to the front door to check the alarm. I double check to make sure it was on then run back up the stairs and lock my bedroom door. I grab my phone and call Colson.

"Whats up,babe?"

"Can you come home?"

"Why what's wrong?"

"I heard some strange noises downstairs and I went to check it out but there was nothing there. Can you just come?" 

"Yeah. Let me finish something up quick then I'll race home." 

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you." He hangs up and I try to turn up the TV to help calm my nerves. I slow drift to sleep. I hear the door unlocking which cause me to spring up from my sleep. The door opens and I see Colson

"Sorry, for waking you." He joins me on the bed.

"It's okay. Thank you for coming home."

"I checked the whole house and there is nothing." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Sorry. I'm just in mama bear mode with being pregnant again."

"I have an idea. How about since you be home alone again tomorrow, have Casie come over after class and keep you company." 

"Okay."  He starts kissing my neck and moving down.

"Let's practice on how we made this baby." He moves down more and more.

"Did you like Shayla?' He looks up at me. 

"Yeah.Why?"

"I don't know. I near the end of their relationship, I started not liking her. You think she might of done that stuff to Isaac's car?" He stop kissing me and slides back up.

"That little girl doing that much damage? No way. She would've need help." 

"Hmm. It's just odd." He starts kissing my neck again then he rolls me over and starts messaging my back and kissing it softly. He traced my flower tattoo with Isaac's name in it on my shoulder. 

"You need to relax, I remember when you got this tattoo." I looks down and smiles at me. I roll over and kiss him. 

Isaac's POV the next night

I look at myself one last time before I head to the school for our state game. I can do this. Forget all the drama. I grab my uniform and head down stairs. My mother sits on the couch wearing my other jersey which has been her tradition since I started football. She looks up from her phone and walk towards me.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." She kisses my fore head.

"Thanks, mom." I hug her. Her hand only comes up to my chest.

"Ready to go? I have the cooler and blankets in the car." I nod my head and her and I head to the car. I buckle up and look at my mom.

"Is dad coming forsure?' 

"Yes, Isaac, He promised us." We head to the school. I hope out and head to the locker room to finish changing.

Bailey's POV

I watch Isaac run towards the school. I see Casie and wave to her. 

"Wow, you have a cute baby belly going on there." She smile and touches my stomach.

"Can you help me with this cooler, your father hates when I carry heavy things." She grabs the cooler and we start walking.

"Where is my dad?" She looks at me as we find our spots. 

" I don't know. He told me he would meet me here." I look around as I wrap up in one of the blankets I made with the school mascot and Isaac's number. Casie and I cheer as the team runs out. I see Isaac and start waving at him. I can't believe my baby is playing football in the state game especially  when he was premature by 2 months and they said he would have health problems. 

Colson's POV

I step out of the booth and look at my watch. Shit! Isaac's game! I rush out the door and upstairs. I run to my car, hop in and fly towards the school. I pull up to Casie's car and put up the hood on my sweatshirt. I slowly walk towards the gates, when I get in I see Isaac on the sideline. The Tigers are up by 3 which made me happy. I spot Casie and Bailey. I head up the side way and suprise Bailey by putting my hands over her eyes and whisper in her ear. She turns around and hugs me. I sit next to her and watch Isaac has he runs out to his position on the field. I couldn't be more proud of my son. As I watch Isaac, I think about my own father and all the pressure he had on me when I was growing up. He wanted me to be something I wasn't. I think about the first day I saw him after the car accident and how small he was when I saw him in the incubator. I remember cry and trying to make sure he knew how sorry I was about everything. I tried being the father that I wished I would've had but these past few years I realized I'm no better than my own father. He abandoned me and I abandoned Isaac in so many ways. I look at Bailey and think about the baby sitting in her stomach and I think about how I want to be the perfect father to this baby, like this baby is another chance to do good. Isaac scores a goal and we jump up and cheer!

"That a boy, Isaac!" I shout. He looks at the crowd and I see him look right at me. I see him smile with his mouth guard in. As the game, heats up. I watch how determined he becomes as the clock ticks down. Here it comes the hail Mary. I see Isaac run down the field as 3 guys from the other team chase him. He catches the ball and hits the ground as the buzzer rings calling the game. We all jump up and cheer. I see Isaac's team run over to him and left him up. I can't stop smile at the thought of my son winning the state game. I hug Bailey and kiss her. I feel her tiny baby bump and smile. I hug Casie also. After the game winds down, we head to the cars. As we sit and wait for champion. i go up to Bailey.

"I love you." I hug her.

"I love you, Colson." The moment of passion is interrupted by gun shots....

______________________________________________________________________________

Finally got some time to finish this chapter up. 

xoxo Ana