Chapter 5

//ding

|Objective:
| Help Out
|
| - a friend in need is a
| friend indeed

—————————————
[Lia's POV]

I woke up to the loud banging on my door and shouts behind it. I disregarded it since I treasure my sleep very much since the past weeks of summer is spent on me playing games.

I heard the banging stop and running footsteps away for minutes then came back.

'Sh't. dad must've found the key.'

I grabbed the nearest book I could find without leaving my comfy bed. As the door opened to reveal a wild father, I threw the book at his direction and hit his face.

'Haha! face-booked.'

I smirked as dad had an irk mark seen on his face but still tried to play it cool.

"Now you little brat, if you don't wake up now, I'll make you regret having me as a father." dad said as he smiled revealing a dark aura.

"dun care."

'dammit! My voice is so squeaky again!'

Dad stifled a laugh but returned to his sadistic self. I pulled my covers over my head as dad's footsteps were heard everywhere in my room and halted at the bed's feet.

'Oh sh't. Not this sh't again.'

I slowly grabbed the headboard rail and, "Get the hell out of your bed or we both die from your mother!" dad shouted as he pulled both my legs trying to pull me out of bed.

"Lemme goo!! I dun cayre if yuu get kwilled bai mum" I said holding on for dear life.

"Dearies~! If you both won't come down this instant.. you might wanna start praying~" mom singsang as she passed my room.

"Sh't..." dad and I cursed at the same time as we both came racing downstairs to the dining table.

"What did I always tell you two during night~?" mom's deadly voice asked.

"Sleep early to wake up early, and no shouting every morning." we both said in unison.

"Good children~ Now eat up and go change Lia, school starts today remember?" mom replied as we started munching on mom's delish bacon pancakes.

'Oh yeah. Totally forgot about school, but I couldn't care less anyway. Oh wait... The game!'

I gobbled all the food on my plate and hurriedly went upstairs leaving a shocked mom and dad.

"I don't know if I should be happy or worried that she's rushing to get to school." mom started, "Agreed..." dad continued.

"Hey! I can hear you loud and clear, mom, dad!" I shouted back from my room.

I quickly rushed to get my phone near the bed and read the objective.

'Who the hell is my friend? I don't remember having any' I thought placing it inside my board with my other school supplies and headed to the bathroom to do morning things.

I made my hair into twin braid tails and wore a violet cap. I wore a simple black shirt with side stitches paired with my puffy purple shorts plus a pair of violet socks and black palm shoes. Mom said I can wear anything on my first day anyway.