Chapter 1

I'm Alex, I moved to Tulsa with my parents, my older brother Seth, and my younger brother Sam. Seth was trying out for the football team in our new high school, it was his senior year and he wanted to do something new. I was a sophomore, I wasn't into your basically school activities. I just wanted to make some friends. Sam was a lot younger, he was awfully friendly so I wasn't worried about him making new friends.
We moved to Tulsa because my dad and mom wanted change and my mom found a really good teaching job at the elementary school. I was happy she was going to be around Sam a lot, I didn't need to worry about him then. It wasn't to hard for my dad to find a job as an accountant. So a month before school started we packed up and left.
Sam was the only one excited for the move. When we pulled up to our new house all I could do was grimace. It sure was a well... Dump. I looked around and all the houses looked the same.
"Dad what part of town are we in?" I looked at him. I couldn't believe he was going to raise Sam in this neighborhood.
"Well, since your mother hasn't worked in years and it cost a lot to move out here it's all we could afford." He went to the trailer to start unloading. "Sam go help your mom, Alex and Seth come help me with the heavy stuff.
Sam ran off happy as he could be, while me and Seth just looked at each other. Clearly this wasn't the good part of town, we just had no idea what to expect from it.
We got the beds moved in that evening since it was already pretty late by time we got there. We decided to go eat at a diner we passed driving to our new house. We ordered and when the food came we ate. We were all exhausted from the drive and moving everything in. Tomorrow we were moving everything else in, then we would start to unpack.
The next week we unpacked everything and got the house in order, our mom went and got us enrolled in school. Seth starts football practice on Monday and then the next Monday we all would start school.
While Seth was at football, mom and dad were at work. I had to stay home and babysit Sam. I used the time to read and do all my summer work. It didn't bother me to much, I loved to read and I had nothing better to do.
Finally the week was over. We were all sitting down together at family dinner. "Seth, how has football been?" Mom asked.
"It's good, I've been making some friends with guys on the team." He nodded as he ate.
"That's good. Are you excited to start school tomorrow?" She asked me.
"Yeah. I'm excited to start meeting people." I nodded and smiled. I really wasn't that excited but what else was I going to say.
After we all finished eating I helped clean up before going and getting my backpack ready for school. I showered and tried to go to bed early. It didn't work and I only ended up with a couple hours of sleep by morning.

Authors note: Hey everyone thanks for reading! I'm going to start working on this story too!