Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up with Soda sitting over me. "Good morning Doll." He smiled. 

"Good night." I mumbled and rolled over hiding my face.  

"Come on, you have to get up. You have school, Darry will kill me if you don't go." He rubbed my side. 

I sighed and sat up. "Good morning." He smiled again. 

"Morning." I smiled a bit. 

"How did you sleep?" He asked. "The couch isn't that comfortable."

"It was perfect, thank you." I smiled at him. 

"You can go get ready for school, I'll make us some breakfast." He kissed my cheek and got up. 

I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready, when I was I went to the kitchen and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Hi." 

"Hi." He smiled and turned around. He gently pushed some of my hair behind my ear. 

"Do you work today?" I asked. 

"Everyday." He sighed a bit. 

"Do you think you could get off early so you can help me get my stuff from home before my mom gets home?" I asked. 

"I'll talk to Steve, if we aren't busy I should be able too." He nodded. 

"Okay, thank you." I smiled and kissed him. He held my waist and kissed me back.

Ponyboy came in and bumped into the table. I quickly pulled away. "Sorry." I looked down as Soda wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"Is that going to be a normal thing? Because I don't know how I feel about that." Ponyboy asked grabbing some breakfast. 

"No it won't be, sorry, it's still new being together this much." I shook my head. 

"Okay, well I'm going to school early with Johnny, I'll be home later too." Ponyboy walked out. 

"Bye." We both said together. After he left I looked at Soda. "We really need to be careful kissing in front of people." 

"It's not like he has never seen it before." He rolled his eyes. 

"Still, I don't want it to be weird for him." I looked up at him. 

"Okay." He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Let's eat." He moved it over to the table as we ate, a little after we finished it was time to leave. 

"Come on, we are going to be late." I grabbed my book bag and left with him. 

We walked to school, then he headed back to the DX. School was pretty normal, I stayed with the gang mostly, after school I walked with Steve to the DX. 

"Hey." I smiled at Soda when I walked in. He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"How was school?" He asked.

"Good." I nodded and smiled. "How busy have you been?" I asked.

"Not to bad, hang on I'll go talk to Steve." He left and went in back were Steve was, I jumped up on the counter and waited for him. "He said he would cover for me." He smiled and came up to me. 

"Great." I smiled at him. I few seconds later my smile fell. 

"Hey it will be okay." He rubbed my side. 

"I know." I forced a smile. "Oh, by the way I got a job at the diner." I smiled a bit. "I applied a while ago and they talked to me today." 

"That's great." He smiled and kissed my forehead. 

"I also have quite a bit of money saved up and I think in a couple of months I would have enough for us to get a house together, we can start looking." I looked at him. "I just feel bad for invading on you and your brothers." 

"You aren't, it's okay, I'm sure they don't mind you being there." He shook his head. 

"I'm sure they do." I crossed my arms. "Please? I'll get it myself if you will just help me look for a place close to yours." 

"Okay." He nodded after a while. 

I smiled at him and he just shook his head. "You are a pain you know that?" He asked. 

"But you love me." I smiled. 

"Yeah I do." He smiled back. 

After a while he came and got me from the break room where I was doing my homework. "Are you ready?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I nodded and got up. We walked back home and went to my house, we snuck up stairs and packed most my clothes and some of my stuff that I wanted then we carried everything back to Soda's. We piled everything in his room since we really didn't have anywhere else to put it. 

When we finished we went and laid on the couch, he had his arms wrapped around me and we started to make out. After a while I heard the door slam shut and I quickly pulled away and saw Darry standing there. I looked down and blush. 

"Every time I see you guys are making out." He grumbled a bit. 

"Come on Darry, just because you haven't had a girlfriend in years doesn't mean we can't be happy." Soda rolled his eyes. 

"How about you show some respect and be thankful I'm even letting her stay here?" He snapped and went to the kitchen. 

Soda rolled his eyes. "I'm going to go take a shower." He mumbled and got up. 

I sat there for a minute before getting up and going into the kitchen. 

"Ya know Pony has already been complaining about finding you guys making out all the time." He started in when he heard me walk into the kitchen. 

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm really trying not too but I really don't want to get Soda mad at me right now too." I spoke quietly. 

"Alex. I'm sorry, I thought you were Soda." Darry turned around. "I had a bad day, I shouldn't be taking it out on you." 

"It's okay, I really feel bad for invading your home and making you guys uncomfortable, I got a job at the dinner and I have some money saved up I'm going to try and get a house before long." 

"You don't have to do that, I don't want you to have to work and drop out too." Darry started. 

"I feel like by the end of summer I should have enough to get a small place over here and pay the rent for a while and I'll work as much as possible. I promise I won't be here overly long." I watched him as he turned back to cooking. 

"Okay, I just don't want you to get in over your head, I know Soda would try and help you out but we don't have much extra money to help you so you need to make sure you can really do it before you try and do it okay?" He warned me.

"Okay thank you again for letting me stay here." I smiled. 

"It's no problem, just keep Soda out of trouble." He joked. 

"I will." I nodded, I heard Soda get out of the shower and go into his room. "I'm going to go talk to him." I left and knocked on his door. 

"Come in." He yelled. 

I walked in and Soda was in his jeans and shirtless. "Oh sorry." I mumbled and looked away. 

"It's okay." He laughed pulling his shirt over his head. 

"I really think it's going to be okay here." I smiled at him a bit and sat down on the bed. 

"Really why?" He asked putting some stuff away. 

"I just talked to Darry and I feel a lot better." I smiled to myself. 

"I'm glad to here that babe." He kissed my cheek as he walked past me. 

The rest of the evening I couldn't help but think how well everything was coming together again, I was so happy and excited.