Chapter 4

We drove to the dingo and got out. I followed him inside and we went to sit down in a booth. "Hi, what can I get you?" The waitress came over.

"Can we have a minute to decide?" Soda asked.

"Anything for you." She winked and left us to look over the menu. I got a little jealous when she was flirting with him. I mean it looks like we are on a date? She can't leave him alone.

"Well the shakes are really good, the chocolate is my favorite. Then the burgers and fries are good." He pointed everything out on the menu.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled.

"Guys ready now?" She came over and asked.

I nodded and so did he. "Okay, I'll have a burger, fries and then a chocolate shake." He ordered.

"I'll have the same." I pointed at him.

"Okay, I'll get that right in, and be right back with the shakes." She left.

"Really taking my advice huh?" He laughed.

"Yeah I trust you." I shrugged.

"You might want to rethink that one." He laughed. I laughed along with him. She brought our shakes back. "Thanks." Soda grinned.

"You are so sweet." She laughed. "Do you need anything else?"

"No, I think we are good Doll." He shook his head and left. I felt my heart dropped, I guess this really wasn't a date. "Sometimes they really won't leave me alone." He shrugged.

"Oh." I nodded. We didn't say anything for a while.

"I was thinking after this we could drive around and I could show you everything, then after if you want we could stop by the drive in? I mean so you understand what it's like incase you ever want to go." He asked.

"Sure, that sounds good." I nodded. Our food came and we ate.

"Do you like it?" He asked. I nodded. "That's good." We finished up and he paid.

"I could've gotten mine." I looked at him as we got up.

"But then we couldn't consider this a date." He bit his lip. "I mean if you want it to be, if not it could just be a welcome to town." He quickly offered.

"I like the idea of a date." I smiled at him. He grabbed my hand as we walked out of the diner. We got in his truck and he started to drive around showing me places. "This is a lot to take in at once." I looked at him.

"Oh umm sorry." He looked around.

"I mean, I want to go to all of them, with you. Experience them, not just hear about them." I smiled at him.

"I promise we can go do everything." He held my hand and kissed it. "Do you want to go to the drive in?" He asked.

"Sure." I nodded. He drove us to the drive in and we parked.

"It will be a while before the movie starts do you want any popcorn or a pop or something?" He asked.

"No I'm good." I shook my head.

"Okay." He nodded. "Do you want to talk?" He asked.

"Sure." I nodded. "Will you tell me about your brothers?"

"Well, you know Ponyboy, he likes to read, he get's yelled at a lot. He hangs out with Dally and Johnny. Then Darry works a lot and gets frustrated with us, but its just because he had more worries than he should." He shrugged.

"I mean, like how do you just live with your brother?" I bit my lip.

"This is some pretty deep stuff for the first date when I don't even know your favorite color." He laughed.

"Oh sorry." I looked away.

"It's okay, I just don't want you to know all the stuff. It gets pretty messy." He grabbed my hand. "I'll tell you soon, as long as I know it won't scare you off." He smirked a bit.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Why don't you tell me about your brother?" He asked.

"Well I have two, Seth, he is the football player, he is friends with a lot of Socs. Then Sam, and he is still in elementary school."

He nodded. "How old is Sam?"

"Nine." I smiled a bit. "I watch him a lot."

We kept talking, even after the movie started. The movie was about half over before we slowly started to run out of things to talk. We watched the movie for a while, but we were both lost. "Do you want to head home?" I asked after a while.

"Or we could do this?" He slowly leaned in and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss. He pulled away and grinned.

"This sounds fun too." I smiled and kissed him. He lightly laid his hand on my cheek, slightly pulling me closer. We made out like that for a while until the movie ended. I pulled away and smiled at him. "I really think it's time to head home now." I laughed a bit.

"Yeah." He nodded and turned on the pick up. We held hands as he drove, we didn't say anything. He pulled up in his driveway and we got out. "I'll walk you home." He offered.

"Since it's such a long walk." I laughed.

"It's a few more minutes I get to spend with you." He smiled. We walked across the street up to my door. "So will I see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'll come over in the afternoon?" I offered.

"Sure." He nodded. "I really like you being across the street. I don't hardly have to worry about you walking over by yourself." He smiled.

"It's also nice knowing you are so close." I smiled.

"Yeah." He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Bye." I smiled before going inside. It was pretty late so I quietly made my way up to my room. I laid down in bed, I couldn't get my mind to shut up about that night. It went better than I thought it could ever go. I couldn't wait until I could see him the next day.