Chapter 2

I woke up fairly early, and really tired. I wasn't excited to go to a new school, with people I didn't even know. I got dressed in a pain v neck and jeans. I straightened my hair and then went downstairs.

"Morning, excited for your first day of school?" My mom asked.

"Yeah." I forced a smiled. I sat down and ate breakfast, once we were all ready to go we all got in moms car. She drove and dropped off Seth and I, then went to the elementary school with Sam. Seth ran off with some guys from the football team.

Great, I thought, I'm left all by myself. I went and found my locker and put some stuff inside. I walked around a bit before I headed to my first class. When I walked in there were clearly two groups. One sat in front and was fairly nice dressed and the others were in leather and jeans, with greased hair. I sat in the middle. "Hi. I'm Alex." I smiled and lean forward to talk to them. One girl stopped talking turned around and laughed before going back to her friends. "Great." mumbled.

The teacher walked in and I decided in my next class I would make some friends. I went to my three other morning classes and I wasn't able to make any friends. It was then time for lunch. I followed everyone through the lunch line and then walked through the cafeteria looking for anyone that was sitting kinda by them self to join.

After looking around I saw my brother sitting with the football team. Well at least he is making friends I thought. I knew better than to go sit by him and be the 'tag along sister'. I was looking around as I bumped into the back of someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I looked down to make sure I didn't spill anything on them or me.

"Hey it's no problem." This handsome boy turned around and shot my a grin. "Where you heading to in such a hurry?"

"Good question." I laughed. "I'm new here and haven't really made any friends yet."

"You can come sit with me and the gang." He offered.

Gang? I thought, was this really a smart idea to move here? "Okay thanks." I smiled and followed him to a table with five other guys. 

"This is Steve, he's my best friend. Dally, don't expect to see him here again. He only shows up the first day so he doesn't get in trouble." He laughed.

"Yeah, last year he had to show up for one class once a week, took him a month to figure out that lunch isn't a class." The boy beside him started laughing.

I forced a little laugh, "That's Two-bit, because he has to always put his two bits in, as you can tell." He laughed. "Then that's Johnny, and my brother Ponyboy. Oh and I'm Sodapop." He smiled at me.

"You guys sure have some weird names." I looked at the three boys with the weird names.

"Yeah, I guess." Sodapop laughed. "Okay what's your name?" He asked.

"Alex."

"Isn't that a boys name?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Says Sodapop." I laughed.

"Tushay." He nods as everyone started to eat. They sat around and talked, I mostly listened. "What's your next class?"  he asked as he finished up. I handed him my schedule. "We have 1,3,5,7, and 8th together. You have 2nd with Steve. He's also in 3rd and 7th with us. Come on I'll walk you." He got up and went to dump his tray. I followed him as we headed down the hallway.

We got to our class and he went to the back and sat down, I took a seat beside him. "Did you just move here?" He asked.

"Yeah. Like two weeks ago." I nodded.

"Oh cool, what street do you live on?" He asked.

"I think Pine?" I tired to remember.

"Really? That's where I live. What number?" He asked.

"2578."

"That's right across from my house! I saw you guys move in, Darry was going to bring you a cake, as a welcome present but Steve and Two got to it before he could." He laughed.

"Oh it's fine." I smiled. We kept talking until class started. After he walked me to my next class and then I met back up with him for 7th and 8th hour.

In 7th hour we were told to pick partners for a lab and Soda went with Steve so I got stuck with some other guy that was sitting in back with us. We didn't talk but every time I glanced over Sodapop was watching me.

Sodapop's POV

"Might want to shut your mouth before you start drooling, or a bird could make a nest in there it's not enough." Steve elbowed me.

"Shut up." I grumbles as we worked on the lab.

"She's cute." He smirked.

"Yeah she is." I couldn't help but glance at her. I did want her and Bryan getting close.

"Stop before she thinks you are creepy." Steve got my attention again.

"I should have been her lab partner." I mumbled.

"And ditch your best friend. I'm wounded." He put a hand over his heart and acted like he hand been shot.

"She seems like a better lab partner to make out with." I laughed.

After class I caught up with her. "One more class and you made it through the day." I grinned.

"Good." She smiled. Wow it was beautiful I smiled. We got to class and sat through it. After we walked to her locker.

"Do you want to walk home together since we are heading the same way?" I smiled.

"Sure." She nodded. "That would be great so I don't get lost. I'm still not the best at getting around here." She laughed.

"If you want sometime I could show you around." I lean up against the lockers as she put her books away.

"That would be great." She smiled and closed her locker. We started to head out. "Is Ponyboy or anyone else joining us?" She looked around.

"No, Dally probably took Johnny and Pony to go do something, Steve is meeting his girlfriend Evie, and then Two is probably getting drunk." He laughed. I nodded as we started to walk. We talked about some different things on the walk home. It was nice to talk to her, I really hope she started to like me. We got to the corner by her house. "That's one is mine." I pointed right across the street.

She looked and smiled. "Thanks for walking with me."

"No problem. I'll see you in class tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah." She smiled before she headed up the steps to her house. I across the street and went inside and sat on the couch. Wow is all I could think.