silence before

Again, time passes. but now i can regularly take a bath to freshen myself up for in case the prince arrives. Sometimes i heard footsteps, but they weren't from the prince. He had light but strong, controlled steps. the ones i heard were light of woman, or they were heavy from men. i took the heavy mean for guards as they stopped sometimes for a while by the door.

i took the woman steps as that of the noble, they were light and refined. always on their toes, not literally.

how i wonder when i would hear the steps of the prince again. now i could see the sun come and leave, so i knew that 3 days had passed.

When i was taking a bath to rinse my skin i heard the door open. i came a little loud of the bath so the one coming in would know where i was. i saw a figure through the steam tainted door. "Traveler, are you here?" i heard the cold voice of the beloved prince say causing me to shudder. "Yes my prince, i will come out soon" i said drying myself off and picking up my clothes to dress. I saw the shadow move to the side so i could only see a fraction of his muscled shoulder.

i wonder why he won't come in. I may be feminine but i am a man, he shouldn't bother with such. at the other hand, he is a prince, it would be rude to the prince to show a naked body like mine. skinnier then i used to be outside these walls and more scratches from previous encounters from different kind of people.

i came out fully dressed looking at the prince. "Has someone come in besides me?" he asked again and i shake my head. "People have passed, men and women, but no one except you bother to enter this room" i answer.

i swear i heard his tongue click, like a person would do if they aren't obeyed or don't get what they want. maybe, just maybe he had people assigned to look after me but they never appeared. maybe they are disobeying him even though he is THE prince.

"i brought you your tray of food, are you able to eat yourself?" he asked with his cold voice but his eyes... there was something in his eyes that had changed. something only a witch would see. something glistering with sorrow and care. But maybe i just imagined it. i mean, what would a prince see in someone who is a normal commoner in his eyes.

¨Yes my prince¨ i said as i sat down on the bed and began to eat. The prince didn't leave. instead he stayed watching me eat which made me feel slightly embarrassed. his onyx eyes felt like they stare right into my mind. but as a witch i know no human who could do such thing. even a witch needs a spell and a weak willed person to get their thoughts.

persons are strong by nature. a witch isn't as powerful as people may think. we can't create things out of nothing, but we don't necessarily need sacrifices either. off course there are spells that do need them. but i'm a witch of good nature. i've walked a pretty long time already and i know that being evil will only cause trouble for yourself. i'm not after power or status. i'm only after happiness.

¨If you are a mere traveler, why do you call me 'my prince'?¨ the prince asked curious yet cautious as i finished my meal. i looked at the prince. he looked steady back, not planning to back off. well who would back off on such question as he had me prisoner? ¨Because you are a prince of a great land, and as, i am, a traveler in your land it would be disrespectful to just call you prince¨ i said. even though a part of it did sound untrustworthy. he looked at me again with great doubt but in his eyes i saw him wave it away. he took the tray and left the room once again leaving me alone in the big chamber. ¨and because i was born here¨ i said softly to myself, looking outside at the clear blue sky.

¨A storm will be coming at midnight¨